Twings
Participant
@twings

I am going to get my first tattoo this weekend I have always wanted one and now I am going to get one, I’m thinking of getting the tree of life i’m just trying to decide where to get it and which design to get. I like all of the symbolism behind it and I think it is a really amazing looking symbol. Here are a couple that I really like
http://etatoo.net/images/tree1aa1a.jpg
http://wwje.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/tree-of-life-elliottmetal.jpg?w=240&h=240
http://www.tribal-celtic-tattoo.com/New_Folder/knurlytree2transparanta.gif

Which do you guys like the best? I really like all them. I also need to decide where to get it I’m thinking either on my shoulder or somewhere on my back. I don’t really know where I should get it though being as this will be my first tattoo.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Have you researched an artist and had an initial discussion yet or do you plan on just walking in somewhere? You’re not even set on your design yet and you want to get this this weekend? Take your time!
There’s really not much difference with those images, they’ve been tattooed a million times. But you can’t go too small so probably shoulder or upper back of shoulder. Please find a competent artist.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Take those images with you when you go to the shop and talk with a 1 or 2 artists. They can usually put their own style into it.

It’s up to you to decide where you want to put it.

Twings
Participant
@twings

Alright also what do you think the estimated price will be?

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

It depends on where you live and the shop you go to and the artist. Some shops will charge per piece, some charge per hour.

clay1680
@

i wouldnt get #3 i think the first two are much better designs and will come across more like the tree of life than the third. and think the ribs would b a good place for this tat because its a big enough area for the design and somewhere you can see easily. even though it would be probably the most painful tattoo you would get i think you would like to see your first tattoo as often as you can because it sounds important or meaningful to you so thats my suggestion.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You are just going to walk in to a tattoo shop and say this is what I want. Then the guy that is sitting around doing nothing says I can do that. Boda bing boda boom you got yourself a tattoo. You come back here and start a new thread How do I fix this?

Please do your research for an artist and find a artist that is competent to do this. Preferably not one that has any openings on a weekend for at least a couple of weeks.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;88857 wrote:
You are just going to walk in to a tattoo shop and say this is what I want. Then the guy that is sitting around doing nothing says I can do that. Boda bing boda boom you got yourself a tattoo. You come back here and start a new thread How do I fix this?

Please do your research for an artist and find a artist that is competent to do this. Preferably not one that has any openings on a weekend for at least a couple of weeks.

My point exactly.

Twings
Participant
@twings

well yeah i know i need to look for an artist and i dont live in that big of a city so i think they well have openings on the weekend and i well look at all of the shops and check out the work before i decide where to get it…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i actually like it.

welcome to the forum

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
buttwheat;88857 wrote:

Just FYI, just because an artist doesn’t have an opening for a couple weeks doesn’t mean he/she is that good. Some people can cancel their appointment and the artist can have an open slot.

Just wanted to point that out. 🙂

There’s one shop in town and the artist there said he was booked for 2 months. I saw his profile and it sucked. That’s why I drive 1 1/2 hours away to go to a good artist.

lax7
Participant
@lax7

the first one on shoulder

Twings
Participant
@twings

I decided to wait until i go on a trip to Portland OR later this summer, I go up there pretty often I bet there are some really good artists up there, any suggestions on one? By the time I go up there I will have probably around $700 saved up just for the tattoo so I can probably go to a pretty good artist.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
Twings;88938 wrote:
I decided to wait until i go on a trip to Portland OR later this summer, I go up there pretty often I bet there are some really good artists up there, any suggestions on one? By the time I go up there I will have probably around $700 saved up just for the tattoo so I can probably go to a pretty good artist.

I live in Oregon lol. Where you coming up from? Cause there’s one in Medford, OR that I go to. They’re pretty good. Can’t hurt to check them out and they’re right off the 5. It’s a fun shop too. 😉

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

In portland see James Kern http://www.nohopenofeartattoo.com/
Or I like D’Lacie McBrides stuff plus she is very nice http://www.opticnervearts.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.