blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I had an MRI today of my chest because of compressed nerves under my left collar bone and my chest piece has been itching HORRIBLY since then. Has this ever happened to anyone? I know ink can contain metallic dye (I think) and MRI works by using magnetic fields or something like that ..it kinda freaks me out.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Did they put anything on your chest? I’ve never gotten an MRI so I don’t know what they do to prep you.
Hope you’re ok. ๐Ÿ™‚

Court1208
Participant
@court1208

How long have you had your chest tattoo? Tattoo ink is no longer made with metal…and hasn’t been for sometime now. So i’ve heard. It still wouldn’t hurt for you to call your doctor just to make sure and to put your mind at rest.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I’ve had part of it for 3 and a half years and the other part for 2 and a half years. I wonder why it itches so bad? it almost feels like a sunburn but its getting better.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I had an MRI today and I the guy operating it was asking about my tattoos.
I asked him if there was any history of MRI issues and he stated catagoricaly that there is nothing to worry about.

Court1208
Participant
@court1208

I’ve had an MRI on my back before and it didn’t bother my tattoos then and that was 12 years ago .I know i’ve had trouble with hair dye making my tattoos inch in the past. Also for some reason or another red ink has give alot of people as well as myself some problems. If it doesn’t stop soon i’d still contact your doctor just to make sure.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

it finally stopped itching completely. That was very strange! They did inject dye into me through an IV, maybe that had something to do with it? Oh well..at least its not bothering me anymore! thanks for all the info!

Court1208
Participant
@court1208

YaY! Glad to hear your feeling better. ๐Ÿ™‚

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

If you got your tattoos done 20 years ago and in jail, then yes, it could bother you ๐Ÿ˜› But I do believe a side effect of that dye is itchy skin.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
blacksheep;88289 wrote:
it finally stopped itching completely. That was very strange! They did inject dye into me through an IV, maybe that had something to do with it? Oh well..at least its not bothering me anymore! thanks for all the info!

Pictures!!

Just kidding. ๐Ÿ˜€

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

Well now I have a lovely rash on my left arm. I don’t think I like contrast dye very much! ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.