heat.mist
@

I’m gonna be getting my first tattoo sometime in the next month or two. I have been thinking about it for over a year. I know exactly what I want. It’s a chemical structure of a molecule relevant in medicine and exercise science (I’m a med student and exercise enthusiast). It will be about the size of a palm roughly to give you an idea. I am male and in my mid-20s.

I have been mulling over the location I want the tattoo. I am thinking on one side of the chest, a shoulder blade, or upper middle back (below the neck/in between the shoulder blades where it can be hidden).

In your opinion, which location is more aesthetically appealing for a guy to have a tattoo? Where would it look more badass? Where would women find it more attractive?

I may get another tattoo or two later on in life, but nothing much bigger than a hand size at most. It might be relevant in making the decision (I know some people want to save a certain area for a very big piece – irrelevant to me).

Finally, I am undergoing some muscle gain at the moment and have roughly 20 more pounds of muscle to add (will be a gradual process over an year). Will this change distort my tattoo or do I need not to worry about it?

Thanks.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

hi heat.mist,

very interesting indeed. while i cannot answer your question about muscle gain, i can at least weigh in on where a tat looks good on a guy. i personally like the chest idea the best. however, shoulder blade would look nice too. have you considered you upper arm at all?

one of the tats i have been wanting to get is a mix of the symbol for mercury, the planet mercury, the messenger god or symbol of such and virgo symbol all designed into one tattoo. i have actually started a sketch, but i’m not finished yet.

i’ll be interested in finding out what you decided to do and i hope you post pictures after it is done.

Best of luck!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I think that between your shoulder blades would be a solid choice. I’ve always thought that having symmetrical tattoos are the best way to go, and seeing how you don’t have any, your back would be a great place to start

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Is this profile for e-Harmony?? :confused:

LOL anyway, do you want your tattoo to be visible? If you have it on your back, the only way people will see it is if you walk around with your shirt off.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

LMAO

Where would it look more badass? On your knob would look pretty badass for sure.
Maybe somewhere where it could be visable when you ride out on your Hog in a few years with your doctor Bros but stay hidden when you are at the club with your inlaws?

LMAO sorry but tattoos only look “badass” if thats what you are, nerds with cool tattoos look like nerds (and thats not a bad thing) badass guys look badass with or without tattoos.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Cornishtiger;87913 wrote:
LMAO

Where would it look more badass? On your knob would look pretty badass for sure.
Maybe somewhere where it could be visable when you ride out on your Hog in a few years with your doctor Bros but stay hidden when you are at the club with your inlaws?

LMAO sorry but tattoos only look “badass” if thats what you are, nerds with cool tattoos look like nerds (and thats not a bad thing) badass guys look badass with or without tattoos.

I like this reply, besides…how badass can a “chemical structure” tattoo be anyways? Location will have nothing to do with it.
And the muscle gain shouldn’t be a factor either.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It would look good just above your bicep like on your shoulder blade/upper arm and can also be hidden.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.