msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi everyone,

Ever get ugly or disgusting comments regarding your tattoos? Well, I have and more than once. They are very hurtful. I was on another forum recently and someone responded to my Freddie Mercury tattoo pic.

Here’s what they said:
i do not support homosexuality you should be ashamed
i award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

Now, that really hurt and cut me. It had nothing to do with my post, either. I’m not there to be personally attacked. Ok, you don’t like my tat, fine, buy why attack me personally? I’m not there to be judged. I’m there to talk about my tattoo and related topics.

Anyway, I did not respond and I’m wondering if anyone else gets such comments. How do you handle them?

This is not the first time I’ve had similar comments on my tat. However, I must tell you, most people just marvel at how nice it is and what great artwork it is and leave their personal feelings about Freddie Mercury out of the discussion.

Peace & Love!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

who fuckin cares what anyone else thinks? if they dont like it they dont have to look at it. its your body not theirs. i would just ignore them.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

I actually don’t know who this Freddie guy is, to be honest with you lol.

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to tattoos. I don’t like cartoon character tattoos, but I’m not gonna say someones tattoo sucks. It’s what they wanted and it’s what they like, more power to them. Take comments, especially from the Internet, with a grain of salt. Don’t take it to heart cause really, you aren’t going to please everyone.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

Freddie Mercury was the lead singer of Queen. Please tell me you have heard of Queen!! lol.

Honey, I get ugly comments on a weekly basis and yes it hurts but you have to remind yourself why you have the tattoo and what it means it means to YOU. Many people are judgemental about tattoos and some just don’t understand.

You’re always going to have someone saying something ugly about your tattoo just remember that it doesn’t matter what others think about you as long as you are happy with yourself. Just brush the comments off and try not to let it effect you.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
blacksheep;87786 wrote:
Freddie Mercury was the lead singer of Queen. Please tell me you have heard of Queen!! lol.

Honey, I get ugly comments on a weekly basis and yes it hurts but you have to remind yourself why you have the tattoo and what it means it means to YOU. Many people are judgemental about tattoos and some just don’t understand.

You’re always going to have someone saying something ugly about your tattoo just remember that it doesn’t matter what others think about you as long as you are happy with yourself. Just brush the comments off and try not to let it effect you.

Who’s Queen?? :confused:

lol just kidding… I’ve heard of them, but never listened to them. Thanks for clearing that up! 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey again, imperial1904!

True, who cares what others think and you are right, I cannot please everyone! I just hate that kind of talk. Felt like I was being judged and had been found guilty and my punishment was being sent straight to helll!

Well, I’ll tell you who Freddie Mercury is, he was the frontman and lead singer and songwriter for the rock band Queen. They are my favorite rock band and Freddie is my favorite singer. They were very popular in the 70s and 80s. Freddie has been dead for just about 20 years now. So, I got a tattoo in tribute to him and to please myself. I love looking at it. I just love him.

Time for me to get out and do my 5 mile run for the evening. Its going to be a hot one, though. Hot and humid here in Maryland today.

Hopefully, I’ll have time to check to check out the forum some more before I have to get to bed!

Thanks so much for your advice and comments!

Have a good evening!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi blacksheep! Thanks so much for you comment! So funny and coincidental that my husband and I were looking at your album earlier! He was falling in love, I think. I had to get out of there real quick. You have some really nice photos up, I must tell you.

I really like your tattoos. The chest tattoo is awesome.

Thank you again for taking time to reply to my post and have a super evening!

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I have every song they ever made. I was only 4 when Freddie died but I grew up listening to Queen! Thanks mom and dad!! lol.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi yodaddynukka! Once again I have to thank you for replying to my post! You are totally right. Why should I care what others think and it is my body, after all. I just hope no one ever says anything so personally against me like that again. I might not be able to keep quiet next time. I’m pretty quiet, shy and very non-confrontational, but after awhile, I will just lose it and say something ugly right back. Don’t like engaging in such things, but it happens occasionally.

Anyway, thank you bunches!

Have a great evening!

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

Thank you, msmercury! 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’ll be honest your Mercury tattoo isn’t the best I’ve seen and it has nothing to do with his homosexuality. I love Queen and respected Mercury as an artist I’m just not in love with your tattoo. I think it’s good not great.
If someone doesn’t like the tattoo based on personal opinion of Mercury’s sexuality then it’s their own shallowness. Regardless, you’re going to get positive and negative feedback so just learn to accept it and not take it so personally.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I was Ok when I found out Freddie was gay. But freaked when I found out he was an Indian. 😉

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi Adler,
Thanks for the reply. When I first was thinking about getting it I was very afraid because I knew it would be tough trying to capture the likeness from the photo I wanted to use, but I ended up very pleased with the results. I’ve seen other Freddie tats that were pretty great and some that weren’t so great. I just really happen to like mine. It is taken from an unusual photo you don’t see much and the likeness is pretty darn good. It is also very very hard to get a good photograph of my tattoo because it is on my calf and taking it from one angle will distort another part of it. If it were flat, that would be another story.

I think discussing whether a person likes or dislikes a tattoo is just fine and I expect that~ I can take that, but attacking me and referring to homosexuality the way that man did was just wrong and totally not what the forum was for. I just don’t care for that sort of talk. He never mentioned the tattoo itself.

I will try very hard not to take things so personally. Just how I’m built, I guess.

Thanks for the good, sensible advice.

Hope to see you on the forum in the future. Have a great evening.:)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey there buttwheat,

Thanks for the compliment. My story is simple, really, I was just a young girl of about 13 when Queen hit the scene in 1973 and I went bonkers for Freddie. I mean, I was just in love! I loved the music and I loved him. I just thought the best way I could show how I feel about him was to have him permanently tattooed on my body. And, I love it. I guess I’m kind of fanatical over Queen and Freddie. But, it is fun and harmless. I spend a lot of time in my daily life listening to their music and reading my books on them, going through my collection, and looking at pictures etc. I have a real nice collection of Queen and Freddie items. Lots of vinyl records too. I listen to my vinyl quite often. I’ve got Freddie and Queen calendars and posters all around my house and at work. I’d say I’m a bit on the fanatical side. Can’t get that Freddie out of my head, he was just unforgettable.

What about you? What’s your story? You do know that Sacha Baron Cohen is going to play Freddie Mercury in the movie due out in a year or so?

Hope you have a good evening. I’d like to hear more about you when you have a chance.

neondino
Participant
@neondino

Freddie Mercury and Queen are awesome. I’m with Adler on the tattoo. There are a lot of people in the world who hate tattoos, and a lot of people who hate the things you like (especially when it at all resembles or relates to any hot button issue). I think a lot of people forget that tattoos were never about fitting in – they were about not giving a crap what anybody else thought in the first place. You got the tattoo because you wanted it, and if people hated you for it, awesome – now you’re more easily able to identify crappy people that you wouldn’t want to waste your time on anyway.

Don’t let people get you down. Who cares what anybody thinks – especially some stranger on the internet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.