Frid
Participant
@frid

Okay,

Sorry for jumping right into this after literally just now registering, but I’m hoping you good folks with (likely) a hell of a lot more experience / knowledge than I have.

I started a half sleeve tattoo of my own design (something which has a deep and quite emotional meaning to me personally) in February. I’ve had three sittings, and one side of the half sleeve is done.

Currently, it runs from the top of my arm (just over my shoulder) to just above my elbow. The last sitting was on the 2nd of this month, so 3 weeks ago. The last sitting, however, was two roses on the lower of my upper arm, just above the elbow.

I would point out that I MIGHT be a little jumpy unnecessarily because of how much this tatt means to me, but it’s taking a fair old while to heal.

The skin behind the ink from the last sitting is STILL quite red/pink and tender looking. It’s noticeable, and I assumed that it was just taking its time to heal properly, until a few various people have said that it looks ‘angry’ without my even mentioning it. As I said, this was three weeks ago, and I’ve never had a tattoo be this colour after this long.

I admit, again, that I might be worrying over nothing, because I’ve never had anything this big or detailed done before, so have no major basis for comparison. That said, though, the detail from the first and second sitting (17th Feb and 3rd March respectively) are still a little crinkled and shiny. I know that is part of the natural healing process, but I’m starting to wonder just how long this is going to take to sort itself out?

My main concern, though, is the previously mentioned third sitting and the two roses at the lower of my arm. Anyone got any idea why this might still be a little redy/pink? Am I worrying for nothing? Is this founded and I should be asking further questions?

I was going to wait until my next sitting, but that’s still a week and a half away and I don’t know if I can wait that long for some advice.

Anyone?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Post pictures please

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yes please post pics so we can take a peek at it or go show your artist.

Frid
Participant
@frid

int002.png

^ Full thing

int001.jpg

^Close up of the last sitting (bit I’m concerned about)

int003.png

^Close up of the inking and the condition of it

What do you think people?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Looks ok to me. Your skin moves more around the elbow than the upper part of the arm. You’re bound to take longer to heal close to the elbow joint in your arm. Give it a week. It’ll look fine. Nice tattoo by the way.

Frid
Participant
@frid
DavidJednat;85488 wrote:
Looks ok to me. Your skin moves more around the elbow than the upper part of the arm. You’re bound to take longer to heal close to the elbow joint in your arm. Give it a week. It’ll look fine. Nice tattoo by the way.

Another week ontop of the three it’s had?

Thanks, by the way. That’s something else I wondered (not so much worried about) as to whether people would see it as ‘simplistic’ or ‘childlike’ in the design.

I wanted it slightly more complex than it is currently, but hey, it’s not finished yet

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

nice half sleeve dude!

Frid
Participant
@frid
WardyInk;85498 wrote:
nice half sleeve dude!

Thanks mate.

Hopefully the inside of the arm will be started / finished in my next sitting and the thing will be done! 😀

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Looks normal to me. Give it a couple more weeks, tattoos can take over a month to fully heal. But if you are still worried show your artist.awesome ink btw.

Frid
Participant
@frid
yodaddynukka;85505 wrote:
Looks normal to me. Give it a couple more weeks, tattoos can take over a month to fully heal. But if you are still worried show your artist.awesome ink btw.

Thank you, that is helpful.

There are bits of it (near the top) that are over three months old and don’t appear fully healed to me, in the sense that the ink is still quite ‘cfinkled’ and a LITTLE bit shiny… My tatt guy told me that tatts can take months upon months to become just ‘normal’ skin again. You think that’s about right?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Frid;85509 wrote:
Thank you, that is helpful.

There are bits of it (near the top) that are over three months old and don’t appear fully healed to me, in the sense that the ink is still quite ‘cfinkled’ and a LITTLE bit shiny… My tatt guy told me that tatts can take months upon months to become just ‘normal’ skin again. You think that’s about right?

yeah sounds normal, especially in area that are more sensitive like the inner arm or near the pits, etc. as long as it isnt infected you dont have much to worry about at this point.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It all looks pretty normal to me. Good tattoo by the way.

Frid
Participant
@frid
buttwheat;85531 wrote:
It all looks pretty normal to me. Good tattoo by the way.

Thanks.

I’m keeping an eye on it at the moment, and hopefully will start seeing the ‘normality’ start to come good in the next couple of days! :rolleyes:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.