Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

I got a tattoo yesterday and I’m using bepanthen cream and they doesn’t seem to be any thick scabs and some bits of scab are coming of gently now, is this normal?

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

does it have a lot of colour and shading? cos the thick needles used for colouring and shading don’t usually penetrate as deep, making less of a scab!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Normal. They all heal differently. Sometimes there’s scabs, sometimes there’s not.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

there’s usually scabs, but the size obviously depends on the size and the amount of ink

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

scabs are common but not ideal. sometimes when an artist packs in the ink in a certain location scabbing can occur. sometimes its because of your aftercare (ie. using too much lotion). if you do get scabbing, DO NOT pick at it and let it fall off naturally. also, use less lotion or none at all.

Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace

I got a tattoo on my upperarm and I just use the cream twice a day very thin layer morning and evening and when I put it on tiny little bits of scab came of and when I’m putting the cream on it’s not raised or bumpy it’s just normal and looks good, is this normal?

clay1680
@

yes its normal yours is probably just thin layers of the skin falling off and just let it go it should heel up just fine

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

scabbing and skin flaking are two different things, fyi. flaking is normal, scabbing is common but not ideal. make sure you understand the two because you need different methods for both to heal properly (in most instances).

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

my last work was the first to really scab………….freaked me out a bit, and it was really hard not to scratch , but it healed fine………

Tattoosareace
Participant
@tattoosareace
yodaddynukka;84757 wrote:
scabbing and skin flaking are two different things, fyi. flaking is normal, scabbing is common but not ideal. make sure you understand the two because you need different methods for both to heal properly (in most instances).

What is the difference between flaking and scabbing? It just seems to be tiny little bits coming of.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

Day 1 or 2 is usually flaking – what I’d call excess ink (which is why for my sleeve currently under way I’ll cover my sheets with shitty bath towels the first day or two, sometimes you can get an almost perfect mirror image of your ink on a towel if you sleep on it right)

Scabbing- depends on the: artist, location, and time spent on the location. I didn’t scab a single time on my forearm or the inside of my bicep, but my tricep and elbow area scab and then take forever to heal. Same artist and all, its just a matter of location and time the artist had to dig into that area to get the ink to set the way they wanted.

–tom

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Tattoosareace;84763 wrote:
What is the difference between flaking and scabbing? It just seems to be tiny little bits coming of.

I also forgot to mention some more sensitive areas (ie. inner arm, etc) tends to scab easier than other areas.

Flaking looks like dead skin (like a sunburn peeling) and scabbing is when you have clot (like after u get a cut or something) so blood and other flud doesnt ooze out. If that makes sense.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Tattoosareace;84763 wrote:

Oh that definitely looks like scabbing from here.

Posting a picture would really help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.