ThaRealMacC
Participant
    @tharealmacc

I am interested in getting the Virgin Mary tattooed on my bicep muscle/side of the arm. I found a good picture of the Virgin Mary that looks similar to what I’m envisioning:

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/uclabruins211/VirginMary.jpg

Would this look good? I’m not a big fan of colored tattoos so I was thinking about getting it in the regular black ink but maybe adding a gold/yellow color to the halo behind her and maybe the flowers at the bottom. Would anyone be able to give me some input on it? Thanks !

EDIT: I also might not even want it shaded much at all. an outline would look good to me but I’m not 100% sure what would look best. Hard to completely picture it in my mind

buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat
ThaRealMacC;83120 wrote:
EDIT: I also might not even want it shaded much at all. an outline would look good to me but I’m not 100% sure what would look best. Hard to completely picture it in my mind

Why? why would you want a crappy line work tattoo when that would be great looking shaded and even better in color/realism.

VirginMary.jpg

Shaded
4411620688_d188782086.jpg

Color
mid_khantattoo-(39).jpg

your idea minus the beautiful roses

Virgin-Mary-tattoo-300x253.jpg

Are you sure thats what you want?

Adler
Participant
    @adler

What you think might look good as a tattoo would not look good as a tattoo. Trust, you want either shading with black and grey or go color.

ThaRealMacC
Participant
    @tharealmacc

Yeah I wasnt really sure on just the crappy outline thing, those black shaded tats look sick. But I would probably get it a regular shaded tattoo – the flowers (they’re kinda unecessary). I sorta want the halo behind her too maybe that would look better with a gold/yellow outline or fill? I think it would be a cool tattoo regardless. Just trying to get some feedback on the best way to do it.

EDIT: the other thing is, I wouldn’t really want it massive either. I have a tat that says blessed on the inside part of my arm under where it connects to the elbow and I would probably put it right above that maybe only 4 inches tall

ThaRealMacC
Participant
    @tharealmacc

I actually found this design which was more of what i envisioned for my tattoo. I wouldnt want to copy it directly n I would make some changes but its more of what I was trying to go for in my head:

virginmary-1.jpg

BossNass
Participant
    @bossnass

She looks demonic in that last picture with her eyes closed, no offense, its just creepy.

Adler
Participant
    @adler

Research a GOOD artist in your area, maybe even post some links for us to check out. Then bring your ideas to the artist and trust him/her to turn the ideas into a good tattoo. Where are you from?

ThaRealMacC
Participant
    @tharealmacc
Adler;83136 wrote:
Research a GOOD artist in your area, maybe even post some links for us to check out. Then bring your ideas to the artist and trust him/her to turn the ideas into a good tattoo. Where are you from?

I’m from Northern Indiana. but yeah i know a really good shop about 30 minutes from where I live so I was planning on going there to talk to them about it

Adler
Participant
    @adler

Isn’t Josh Carlton in Indiana? He’s amazing.