ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

I am interested in getting the Virgin Mary tattooed on my bicep muscle/side of the arm. I found a good picture of the Virgin Mary that looks similar to what I’m envisioning:

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/uclabruins211/VirginMary.jpg

Would this look good? I’m not a big fan of colored tattoos so I was thinking about getting it in the regular black ink but maybe adding a gold/yellow color to the halo behind her and maybe the flowers at the bottom. Would anyone be able to give me some input on it? Thanks !

EDIT: I also might not even want it shaded much at all. an outline would look good to me but I’m not 100% sure what would look best. Hard to completely picture it in my mind

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ThaRealMacC;83120 wrote:
EDIT: I also might not even want it shaded much at all. an outline would look good to me but I’m not 100% sure what would look best. Hard to completely picture it in my mind

Why? why would you want a crappy line work tattoo when that would be great looking shaded and even better in color/realism.

VirginMary.jpg

Shaded
4411620688_d188782086.jpg

Color
mid_khantattoo-(39).jpg

your idea minus the beautiful roses

Virgin-Mary-tattoo-300x253.jpg

Are you sure thats what you want?

Adler
Participant
@adler

What you think might look good as a tattoo would not look good as a tattoo. Trust, you want either shading with black and grey or go color.

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

Yeah I wasnt really sure on just the crappy outline thing, those black shaded tats look sick. But I would probably get it a regular shaded tattoo – the flowers (they’re kinda unecessary). I sorta want the halo behind her too maybe that would look better with a gold/yellow outline or fill? I think it would be a cool tattoo regardless. Just trying to get some feedback on the best way to do it.

EDIT: the other thing is, I wouldn’t really want it massive either. I have a tat that says blessed on the inside part of my arm under where it connects to the elbow and I would probably put it right above that maybe only 4 inches tall

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

I actually found this design which was more of what i envisioned for my tattoo. I wouldnt want to copy it directly n I would make some changes but its more of what I was trying to go for in my head:

virginmary-1.jpg

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

She looks demonic in that last picture with her eyes closed, no offense, its just creepy.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Research a GOOD artist in your area, maybe even post some links for us to check out. Then bring your ideas to the artist and trust him/her to turn the ideas into a good tattoo. Where are you from?

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc
Adler;83136 wrote:
Research a GOOD artist in your area, maybe even post some links for us to check out. Then bring your ideas to the artist and trust him/her to turn the ideas into a good tattoo. Where are you from?

I’m from Northern Indiana. but yeah i know a really good shop about 30 minutes from where I live so I was planning on going there to talk to them about it

Adler
Participant
@adler

Isn’t Josh Carlton in Indiana? He’s amazing.

alwheeler7
Participant
@alwheeler7

Hoosiers unite man haha, I’m from southern Indiana, and i think its cool that people want 2 go outside the standard in such a conservative state.

In my opinion, you get whatever you want to get.

I will say if you choose black and gray, or color, stick with the theme. If you do black and gray, make the halo black and gray, and vise versa.

But if you want 2 get a tattoo of the virgin mary, go for it.

I am a big believer in not conforming to the standard of what other people think looks good, so get what you get brother, and love every minute of it.

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc
alwheeler7;83186 wrote:
Hoosiers unite man haha, I’m from southern Indiana, and i think its cool that people want 2 go outside the standard in such a conservative state.

In my opinion, you get whatever you want to get.

I will say if you choose black and gray, or color, stick with the theme. If you do black and gray, make the halo black and gray, and vise versa.

But if you want 2 get a tattoo of the virgin mary, go for it.

I am a big believer in not conforming to the standard of what other people think looks good, so get what you get brother, and love every minute of it.

well said man I agree with that completely. and hello to a fellow hoosier 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.