mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

Hey all. I got this tattoo probably 5 months ago and have yet to get anything added to it. I’m between the idea of just leaving it as is and adding some foliage around it, but if I made it so it had actual orchid leaves and stems, it would get pretty huge and take up my entire arm, and I don’t feel it would actually add to it in a positive way if I did that.
So… I’m looking for any suggestions or thoughts and ideas on what people think might be good to add to it, or if it’s better left alone.
Thanks!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

It’s already a decent sized tat, so regardless of what you add / don’t add it will still take up a majority of your arm, but I say add.

Looks a bit plain to me.

clay1680
@

definately add, it will only make the piece stronger as a whole because their is so little going on adding one or two more objects will def. enhance the overall looks. maybe some leaves but they dont have to be so big where it fills your whole arm. i also think a black and grey background like some fog or smoke or just a design like filligree will help “pop” the color of the flowers with them being on a darker background.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I agree, maybe add some leaves or vines in green to add some contrasting color. Just don’t clutter it up too much, would like to see a closer picture if possible also.

mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

Thanks guys! I really do want to add something, I think it looks pretty plain myself and the idea of filagree has come up, but i didn’t know what that was exactly or how it would be designed, or really what the options were for it. I don’t really know if I particularly like the idea of leaves or anything, but what other options are there besides leaves and filagree? I got the tattoo for my Grandmother who passed away March of 2008, 9 days before my birthday (hence the 9 flowers) and they’re purple because it was her absolutely favorite color, and they’re orchids because I wanted to tie in her love for flowers with my favorite flower to kind of unite her and I on my arm… as weird as that sounds… I really don’t want to add words or anything or even a date, I solely want it to be art and have everything involving it represent something.
I work for Safeway and that’s why I’m not too keen on the idea of it taking up a whole lot more of my arm then it already is. My current managers are pretty lenient about it but I have no idea about the future. Any other options that you guys can think of on what to incorporate into it? I just need ideas to expand what I’m already thinking of cause I’m just stuck.
Thank you so much 🙂

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I’m going to go against the grain here – I really like it the way it is, I don’t think and addition would improve it.

mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1714135646283&set=a.1714135246273.2096245.1024941076 <-Closer photo
ALSO, I still have a few little spots on it that are scarred. Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to maybe help with that, or at least maybe something that’s an extremely good moisturizing lotion? It gets a little dry every so often and it just gets bothersome and makes me not really want to show it off as much.

Huttney
Participant
@huttney

have you not considered getting an airbrush tattoo and seeing what it looked like?

mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

I seriously had no idea that even existed. Is this something a tattoo artist would do or something?

Huttney
Participant
@huttney

some tattoo studios do it, its more common to get them in places like skeggy tho lol, erm what city you in and i will see if i can find one near you

mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

I live in Seattle, thaaaank you 🙂

Huttney
Participant
@huttney

just found out that pretty much most tattoo shops do them, also your tattooist shows you what the tattoo looks like when he puts the stencil on. this is pretty much the same thing

mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

Oh okay super! I’ll just ask if he could draw something up or whatever. Thanks for all the help

Adler
Participant
@adler
mccleve325;81394 wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1714135646283&set=a.1714135246273.2096245.1024941076 <-Closer photo
ALSO, I still have a few little spots on it that are scarred. Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to maybe help with that, or at least maybe something that’s an extremely good moisturizing lotion? It gets a little dry every so often and it just gets bothersome and makes me not really want to show it off as much.

The facebook link didn’t work. You shouldn’t still have scars after 5 months, try to post up a better pic if you can please. Most people like Lubriderm or Curel, I even use 100% shea butter which works real well.

mccleve325
Participant
@mccleve325

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14347605@N05/5449466053/
Hopefully that link worked. So it’s actually got a lot better since I started using the Lubriderm. It’s hardly ever dried out now and it seems to be fairly smoother. There are still some spots that still look like little scars. I got this tattoo done in sections because I didn’t know how my skin would hold up by doing it all at once, so I got the outline done, then the top 2 flowers colored in, and then we ended up doing the other 7 all in one sitting. When we did the 7 all at once, my arm was bleeding pretty bad and my tattoo artist asked me if I had been drinking. I hadn’t been, and at the time couldn’t think of any reason as to why my arm would have been bleeding like it was but I’ve been on several different medications for migraines over the past year, currently being on a beta blocker, but I was on some depression pill and some other kind of medicine, so I was wondering if maybe any of those would have any effect on the way my tattoo healed or even took the ink. I tried looking up information on getting tattoos while being on beta blockers and I couldn’t find any reason as to why it would. They regulate blood flow and adrenaline but it’s not a blood thinner so I just didn’t even know what would be up with that. Any ideas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.