suzridesahog
Participant
@suzridesahog

I think your idea can be worked into a tattoo and might turn out really great. But, I think you need more space than 9 x 7 inches. Too much detail in a small area might get mushy and in the long run look blurry.
I also think (this is my opinion) that asking someone other than your tattoo artist to do the artwork might be a risky deal. Maybe if you ask for someone to put something together so the artist can get an idea of what you want and then let him/her do the final artwork…..
Definately update us on what you come up with.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Adler;79290 wrote:
, “you’re cramming 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag.” (Thanks buttwheat)

I think I got that from Yorvo or whatever his name is here.

Stutter
Participant
@stutter
buttwheat;79367 wrote:

I’ve been known to use that phrase.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;79367 wrote:

I didn’t realize he was here, too, unti now. He must’ve snuck in the back door under a different name like I did.

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

Concept scratch, the top image is closest to what I wanted… I sent the stuff to matt macabre of spectrum dermographics in oswego to take a look

at.http://jexxr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d379d77

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

rough_sketches__by_jexxr-d379d77.jpg

I could do something like that for you but I don’t take paypal. Could you send me a money order for $40

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr
buttwheat;79393 wrote:
I could do something like that for you but I don’t take paypal. Could you send me a money order for $40

I’m going to see what this artist thinks about it first though. And sorry, but would only use paypal others are too much hassle, and even then only prepay for someone with a portfolio of similar work.

sidelvar
Participant
@sidelvar

Mother Fuck thats a lot in a small space. When I saw the post abou tthe size I started thinking to myself “back of the hand”. Everything I have to say to the OP has been said so I wont bother.

One more thing… we need a list of all the jumpers lol.

sidelvar
Participant
@sidelvar
Jexxr;79396 wrote:
I’m going to see what this artist thinks about it first though. And sorry, but would only use paypal others are too much hassle, and even then only prepay for someone with a portfolio of similar work.

BW Is an amazing artist, you should go to WA and pay him in cash.

Rider68
Participant
@rider68
sidelvar;79428 wrote:
BW Is an amazing artist, you should go to WA and pay him in cash.

He has the cleanest, most sterile van I’ve ever seen.

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

To be honest I really don’t understand why you guys are saying it’s a lot of stuff for a small space… when these oriental or japanese tattoos have like 50 things in one square inch of skin, clearly proving so much detail in small spaces isn’t a problem, for example:
asdfgg.png

suzridesahog
Participant
@suzridesahog

I am really looking forward to seeing what the artist comes uo with. Please share it with us… maybe we are all wrong in saying you need more space for your concept.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I also think there’s a difference in that the picture you posted the various elements flow better together and belong together where as some of the elements you mentioned for your design don’t necessarily sound like they will fit with each other and blend nicely. Of course, we may all be wrong like suzridesahog just said.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler
Jexxr;79462 wrote:
To be honest I really don’t understand why you guys are saying it’s a lot of stuff for a small space… when these oriental or japanese tattoos have like 50 things in one square inch of skin, clearly proving so much detail in small spaces isn’t a problem, for example:
asdfgg.png

Take any 4 inch by 4 inch square out of that tattoo, and it would not function as a self sustained tattoo. Yes, you can fit detail in small amounts of space if it ties into a larger piece and is coherent with the rest of the work. Make sense? And didn’t anyone ever tell you that bigger is better; just sack up and get it an appropriate size.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Wow…… that’s WAY too busy and confusing looking. I’d be interested to see what the tattoo artist comes up with.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.