Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

Hey, I don’t have any tattoos, but something means enough to me to need someone talented enough to create a design I can put on my skin. If you think you are good enough to do this, and I love it AND will use it, I’ll give $30-50 via paypal to whoever does this for me, depending on how good it is.

Tattoo should be surrounded/enshrouded/encased in crystals, or a crystal formation preferably.
Tattoo should have an intricate rose in it, as if someone dropped it at the base of the crystals, or among the crystals. Rose should have a few leaves and thorns.
Tattoo should have an original fleur de lise symbol in it, possibly with texture or designs within designs compiling the symbol.
Tattoo can have the Kanji symbol for grace in it, optional, because I really haven’t figured out how this could be worked in without seeming out of place, or drawing too much attention from the other symbolisms.

Try not to put too much weight into one item or another, all should have equal complexity and not draw attention from eachother, only come together to make a stunning image. I’m not looking for any hints of death in the tattoo btw.

I didn’t include any images because I want everything to be original.. but google, fleur de lise, crystal formations, and kanji symbols for grace to get an idea of general shapes. If you think anything else that goes well with these symbolisms can add value or make this tattoo more attractive, feel free to work it in, but unless it’s minor, I probably won’t need anything else.

This tattoo must be masculine, not macho, just masculine… some ways I thought to do this was to keep the rose smaller than anything else, but big enough that a lot of work can be put into it, and maybe some traces of aggression, or suffering, but not in too much of an emo way if you know what I mean. This should be a truly beautiful tattoo, yet for a guy.

Keep in mind when creating this design, the symbols are a girls name, it represents a girl, and the greatest love possible for her that any human being could have.

Oh, by the way, this is probably going on shoulderblade, back, or thigh.

Thank you =)

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

What you really should be doing is taking everything you just said, and say that to a tattoo artist in person. They would be able to help you best.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Ross_W;79220 wrote:
What you really should be doing is taking everything you just said, and say that to a tattoo artist in person. They would be able to help you best.

I would love to be there to see the artist’s reaction to those requests.

Stutter
Participant
@stutter
Adler;79224 wrote:
I would love to be there to see the artist’s reaction to those requests.

This is like hidden camera shit.

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr
Ross_W;79220 wrote:

I’m going to go to a tattoo artist, but I don’t want to go to have him create a layout or style for me… If I can see what this looks like influenced by different genre’s of art(IE gothic/surreal/abstract/realism/modern/medievial) then I can choose a tattoo artist based on the influence in his works, and already have the image as a sharp guideline for him to recreate it on me will make things much less complicated.

and $30-50 seems fair to me, probably 10% of what it will cost to tattoo, and that’s over $15 an hour for something that should take no more than a few hours to sketch, doesn’t need color even if it looks right to me. Besides, it’s a challenge, especially if there’s nothing better to do. =)

I’ve tried to draw it myself but art isn’t my passion and I’m sure there is someone willing to mess around with this.

It is a sort of contest I suppose.

Stutter
Participant
@stutter
Jexxr;79248 wrote:
I’m going to go to a tattoo artist, but I don’t want to go to have him create a layout or style for me… If I can see what this looks like influenced by different genre’s of art(IE gothic/surreal/abstract/realism/modern/medievial) then I can choose a tattoo artist based on the influence in his works, and already have the image as a sharp guideline for him to recreate it on me will make things much less complicated.

and $30-50 seems fair to me, probably 10% of what it will cost to tattoo, and that’s over $15 an hour for something that should take no more than a few hours to sketch, doesn’t need color even if it looks right to me. Besides, it’s a challenge, especially if there’s nothing better to do. =)

I’ve tried to draw it myself but art isn’t my passion and I’m sure there is someone willing to mess around with this.

It is a sort of contest I suppose.

Look, every artist is different with different capabilities. You can bring a drawing to ten artists and you’ll get ten slight variations. An artist will draw it in a manor in which they can tattoo it best. My proffesional opinion is to bring a sketch to your artist. A sketch.

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

update, I am VERY fond of a fleur de lis created from smoothly flowing twisted or bended strands of dimensional metal, that almost represent blades, sheaved together like your traditional fleur de lis, except sheaved with a complex tribal design.

Adler
Participant
@adler

…And simplify things. It sounds like you’re trying to include far too many elements into one tattoo. An artist isn’t going to like the idea of combining crystals, a rose, fleur de lis with designs, kanji, etc. I’ll quote from another thread, “you’re cramming 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag.” (Thanks buttwheat)

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr
Adler;79290 wrote:
…And simplify things. It sounds like you’re trying to include far too many elements into one tattoo. An artist isn’t going to like the idea of combining crystals, a rose, fleur de lis with designs, kanji, etc. I’ll quote from another thread, “you’re cramming 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag.” (Thanks buttwheat)

Ok, to simplify what I said to the extreme, imagine a fleur de lis comprised of flowing blades, and strands of metal, bound together with a tribal band, etched into one of teh blade surfaces is the kanji symbol for grace, and a crystal formation surrounds the tattoo, with a rose dropped at the base.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Okay.. that’s only 9 lbs of shit in a 5 lbs bag 🙂

Seriously though, how big are you thinking of getting it?

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

I think it should fit in my hand on my shoulderblade/back, probably 6-8 inches tall and 5-6 across… At most 9 inches tall and 6-7 across

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

Maybe someone knows of a tattoo artist in ny, the closer to central ny the better, who knows how to work well with crystals and/or ice without making it look cheap? I rarely see tattoos with the latter in them so I’m hesitant with picking someone.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Jexxr;79303 wrote:
Maybe someone knows of a tattoo artist in ny, the closer to central ny the better, who knows how to work well with crystals and/or ice without making it look cheap? I rarely see tattoos with the latter in them so I’m hesitant with picking someone.

I’m not really sure how well crystals/ice will translate to a tattoo.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Maybe a DeviantArt search for crystals or ice will yield some results that could translate to tattoos?

Jexxr
Participant
@jexxr

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I was also at deviantart earlier, I actually was able to sketch a really rough layout myself after a few hours of browsing tattoos and pics…:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.