fig
Participant
@fig

I’m thinking about getting something similar to this:

636x460design_01.jpg

I really like the detail in the head of the swan. I think what makes it cool is so many thin lines so close together. Would it be possible for an artist to achieve that much detail in ink? Also, would the lines bleed into each other over time?

I’m thinking about somewhere between 8″ – 10″ in height. Also would go all out for a good artist.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

If you don’t want it to bleed together my man, you’re gonna need to at least double that sizing you’re thinking of.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Agree with KH. It would need to be super big; would look pretty damn cool as a backpiece, though, in my opinion!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

What about a shoulder blade piece? You’d have enough room there to increase the size.

fig
Participant
@fig
JENerationX;78638 wrote:
What about a shoulder blade piece? You’d have enough room there to increase the size.

I was thinking about getting the head on the right side of my chest (maybe taking up about half) and letting the neck/tail loop over my shoulder and down the back of my right arm.

If I decide to get it I’m going have the other side be the head of a snake, just as subtle as the swan’s head, to symbolize duality. So really the tail end is just as important as the head.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Goto a good tattooer/shop and if you can go bigger but it may still be executed that size if you goto an above average tattooer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.