KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

After Christmas, I’m hoping to be able to start a new tattoo. Frankly, I can’t wait. It’s been more than a year since I was able to finish my zombie squid, and I’ve been getting the itch in a real bad way.

Originally, I was looking to add the final piece to my right sleeve, but while I was at the gym lifting weights tonight, I had a lightning bolt moment. I’ve always known exactly what I wanted on my right arm, and for that matter my chest and back, but whenever I thought about my left arm, I came up blank.

Now I’ve had an idea, and it’s in line with the general theme I’ve been working on with my newest ink, and the ones I’ve already planned. I fucking despise certain images that have been done to death in tattoo art, things like koi, kanji, the hatchet man, ect. It’s not to say they can’t be beautifully done (except the hatchet man, fuck him), and shouldn’t be worn with pride, but that for my own personal taste, it just doesn’t click. At the same time, I’ve always liked the idea of subverting these often beautiful but overused images to make them new again.

Japanese inspired sleeves qualify. But that’s what I’m thinking on. A Japanese inspired sleeve with a chinese dragon, waterfalls, cliffs, a pagoda, all the classic imagery.

But dark, and twisted. The dragon is a rotting, undead creature. The pagoda is in flames, perhaps surrounded by samurai in armor fighting a horde of zombies. The lilies and cherry blossoms are browned, cracked, and dead. While it will maintain the elegant, fluid lines the best Japanese inspired tattoos have, the colors are dark, and harsh.

Frankly, it’s an idea I’m excited for, and I think it’ll go well with the enormous zombie koi I’m going to get at some point in the future on my chest.

So, what do all ya’all think?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

To be quite blunt…I think the idea sounds pretty f*cking awesome!

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

Dude, the idea fucking rocks! I say go for it!

JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

fuckin rad, im diggin it.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Sounds good and really look forward to the picture progress. You will do a regular post of progress right? Have you decided on a tattooer?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I always forget I’m weird about choosing my tattoo artists TooMany–as in I haven’t chosen one since before I was legal to drink. I’ve only ever had one artist work on me, and I plan on him doing all of my work. His name is Troy Coe at Lambadi City, and by most people around here he’s considered one of the best in the Cincinnati area. Plus I’ve been working with him for like seven years now, so he’s comfortable.

Still, I’m glad to see I ain’t the only one excited for this idea.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Awesome, glad you have found a good tattooer that you also enjoy getting work from! See the pictures soon!!!????!!!!

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

tat sounds sick man, traditional stuff with a nice twist in it. i like it

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Fuck yeah dude! That is a SICK IDEA!! You better post pics, and loads of them ๐Ÿ˜€

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Oh, you better believe there will be pics. Though I doubt I’m going to be able to get this going until the end of next month. I can’t freaking wait!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You are my hero. We have a very similar taste in ink, despite actually having completely different tastes in ink ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.