TaherH
Participant
@taherh

I’ve been waiting for a month to start my back piece and my appointed is finally coming on thursday.
All of a sudden yesterday i started feeling really sick.
Sore throat, headache, chills, fatigue etc.
I was wandering whether I cud go ahead with the appointment thursday because i would really hate to reschedule, but if its whats best for my health as well as the tattoo im willing to sacrifice

And if anybody has had an experience like this please tell me ur story!

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

You’d be better off to reschedule. Your body cannot handle fighting a cold or whatever it is you have (sounds like a flu or infection) plus trying to heal after the trauma of a tattoo.

It sucks but it is going to be better for your tattoo and it will make the healing time go much better if you wait until you are not sick!

I hope you get better soon, being sick is no fun at all ๐Ÿ™

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thanks alot man. I never get sick and now this shit happens… ughh the irony of life kills me sometimes.
I guess your right I’m gonna wait and see how i feel tomorow and then thursday morning and if i still feel down i’ll call and cancel ๐Ÿ™

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I think she’s a girl, not a man.

I had a stomach flu the day I started my sleeve, believe it or not it was the first time I had issues like that in my life. I had already waited 6 months to get in for my artist and, short of death, there was no way I was going to miss my appointment. Compared to the rest of my arm, that first part hurt 35% more, took 5 extra days to heal and needed about 50% more touch up than any of the rest of the work.

If you can wait, do it, in my opinion.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Yep, Gsouder is right. I’m a girl lol

But anyway, it would be better off to cancel it if you have to than to try and fight through it. It will be worse for both you & for the tattoo.

If you are still feeling bad tomorrow, I would just cancel the appointment tomorrow because if you wait til Thursday when you are supposed to be getting the work done and then try to cancel with your artist there is the possibility you’ll make him/her angry cause you waited so long to cancel. I don’t know about the studio you are going to, but my artist’s studio requires atleast 24 hours notice of a cancellation. ๐Ÿ™‚

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

lol sorry southern rebel I forgot girls love tattoos just as much as us dudes. Thanks for the advice tho I’ll make sure to call tomorow if I’m still feeling crappy.

Gsouder you said that part needed 50% more touchups then the rest of your arm? How many touchups have you had? and are they completely necessary?
Did it get infected at all or leak more ink than usual?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.