Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

im starting working on my half sleeve soon, im going to be getting a nautical/ocean sort of theme going on in it. so far ive got ideas for incorporating a lighthouse, a helm, compass rose, maybe a squid pulling a ship down, an anchor, waves… anyone got any ideas of things that could be incorporated? any other ocean related things i could look into?

im gonna get an artist to start drawing it up in about a month or so. also, ive never seen this before, but i was thinking about getting things one part at a time on it, then tying all the individual parts together. so it will seem like a bunch of individual pieces, then tie them all together with waves and such? is this ever done?

been starting to look up shops in my area (im new in town here in chicago) to get a feel for their portfolios, and ive found a few pretty good ones so far. not sure who i’ll go to for my final choice yet 😎 anyone have any recommendations for me to check out in the chicago to kenosha area?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I was going to go about my sleeve one piece at a time but my artist talked me out of it because it’s much easier to have everything blend together and look right in the tat.

Personally, I think this is a lot for one tat. I think you could make something really cool with the Squid/ship/lighthouse thing with maybe a storm and some water. That said, I’m sure you have a vision so I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Daxos
Participant
@daxos

Starting at your wrist, sea floor with pieces of a wercked ship, pirate skeletons with cutlasses and tattered clothes looking up towards the surface. Half way up your arm you could have the squid latching onto the ship and some bodies (souls?) from the ship sinking down towards the skeletons. Finally, up at your bicep, a ship fighting against the squid and a raging storm with a lighthouse in the background. Add / remove elements as you see fit.

I can see it, just not describe it.

Michael

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

its gonna have to be a half sleeve, starting from above my elbow to up over my shoulder (new navy regs make it pretty impossible to get anything new below your elbow). That said, i have a much more limited space, as i cant make it a full sleeve. im loving the storm theme idea, but needless to say i cant fit a ton of art in that space. im definitely going to have a lighthouse in there, with the giant sqid dragging down a ship as well, with all kinds of waves and ish… i just dont know what other sort of things i could throw in as filler without making it look overcrowded if that makes sense

trickortreat
@

I had a half sleeve put on last year. I went through a website that had LOTS of cool ideas. http://christopher12336.tattoodesignhelp.info This site is awsome if you don’t already know what you want done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.