truckingtiger
Participant
@truckingtiger

Why do I have a white milky look to my tat? I also have a fine white line all around it, almost like its skin (maybe it is). WTF is this and why is it here? Will this go away?

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

How long since you had it done? It looks pretty normal just like regular scabbing. DON’T pick the scabs no matter how much they itch or how much you’re tempted. If it feels dry and flakey when you run your fingers over it and doesn’t cause you any pain it’s totally normal, no need to worry man. All just part of the healing process.

truckingtiger
Participant
@truckingtiger
Morwin Nerdbane;74488 wrote:
How long since you had it done? It looks pretty normal just like regular scabbing. DON’T pick the scabs no matter how much they itch or how much you’re tempted. If it feels dry and flakey when you run your fingers over it and doesn’t cause you any pain it’s totally normal, no need to worry man. All just part of the healing process.

I have had it almost two weeks now (more like 10 days). It scabbed up pretty bad and the fell off. Ot’s in the itching stage right now, but that is getting better. So the milky looking stuff is just more scabs that need to come off on tier own?

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Yeah I think so. I started getting milky looking itchy scabs when I started using bepanthen cream on my ink. I think it’s just subject to the type of aftercare you went with and how you heal normally. The little white scabs are notorious for pulling ink away so be carefull not to catch it. If you’re really worried go talk to your artist they might know a good way to get you through that stage quicker ๐Ÿ™‚

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

It’s just what’s called silver skin. It’s just a layer of dead skin, it’s there until the new, fresh skin on your tattoo has healed up. Picking it will just make it last longer ๐Ÿ˜› perfectly normal, pretty much what happens on any normal wound or scratch.

inkbyj
Participant
@inkbyj

looks like a normal heal to me. The very top layer of skin gets damaged by the tattooing process and will die and fall off. This is completely normal. The white ring is just the edge of where the top layer is pealing off. Another week to a month and it should all be back to normal.

artyfart
Participant
@artyfart

^^^^^^^ as above lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.