goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Hi All
Quick question for all you experienced pros? I have had a half sleeve Koi and Lotus flower design is it possible going from black and grey to adding colour or would it look odd?
If anyone could take a look at my profile and give me the verdict although I love it I may want to add colour at some point if I go full sleeve.
Thanks in advance:cool:

ArniVidar
@arnividar

They say that the best looking color tattoos are the ones done over B/G shaded ones.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

That was quick man!
From a technical point of view why would you think that would be?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I have absolutely no idea. Just spouting what I’ve read in here and around the internet.

I assume it’s because you’ve already created a huge amount of shading and effect with various darkness (assuming, of course, that the shading is GOOD) so that when you add color you’re getting all that effect through as well.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

I will ask my artist next time I go in see what she says as I have heard that before too but wasn’t sure what truth was behind it.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Your tattoo would look awesome done in color at a later date.
The shading allows for varied amounts of color…as opposed to just splashing fill into “paint-by-number” blocks that many originally-color tattoos tend to have.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Agreed- color wold make this tattoo really pop

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Cool! so it sounds like it is certainly possible and would make it better in some of your opinions.
What colours would be best oranges for the Koi, blues, pinks, white touches.
Although I am happy with it I see some superb bright japanese colour work about and think that finish it off nice.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
goldengraemes;73179 wrote:
Hi All
Quick question for all you experienced pros? I have had a half sleeve Koi and Lotus flower design is it possible going from black and grey to adding colour or would it look odd?
If anyone could take a look at my profile and give me the verdict although I love it I may want to add colour at some point if I go full sleeve.
Thanks in advance:cool:

Check out my tat, I went from B&G to colour, same tattoo just added to……I’m pleased hell with it.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/-t14958.html?t=14958

Karen

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Looking good.
I think mine should be easier for the artist as well because the Koi is bigger than the dragon with more areas of skin not inked as heavily and are more of a lighter grey so the colour would still come through strong.
I have some ideas for future tattoos and wanted color so didn’t want it to look odd having a mix of Black and Grey and colour on my body.:confused:

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Interesting, anymore examples of B&G to colour tatts? Thanks for yours Vizzie, looks good!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.