Tatman_or
Participant
@tatman_or

Alright, so I have a tat on my upper left arm already (up by the shoulder), but I want to try and incorporate it into a sleeve. I already have the main pieces picked out for the focus of the sleeve. I am going to have a dragon up near my current tat and then down on my forearm a koi. The background for the sleeve is going to be water. I wanted to insert some more elements in the sleeve to relate to my current tat, but I want to avoid making it too busy (which I feel it probably will). My artist is totally jazzed about the dragon and koi. Since I can’t upload attachments I added my current tat as my profile picture, avatar, and it is in my picture album.

Any constructive advice is very much appreciated.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Soooo Wierd! I have a sun on my shoulder about the same size as your current tat. The sun has my 3 boys (sons) footprints inside. Below that I have a Koi and a Dragon wrapping around from under my arm to the top of my forarm. There is some water splashes around the Koi but most of the background is black clouds and wind bars. Mostly with this style you could have some cherry blossoms scattered about. You could also use cocored stars depending on how traditional you want it to be. Go to google images and put in “Japanese Irezumi” and you can see what I mean.

Tatman_or
Participant
@tatman_or

Thank you! I appreciate the ideas so far. I was thinking of something that would relate more to the current piece, but not more stars (I already have plenty ;)). The artist said that the current tat could easily work with the dragon and koi. The issue I am having is that I want a Japanese dragon and koi, and I can’t find anything that could tie to the current tat and blend with the Japanese style sleeve. Everything I have found would stand out in the sleeve in a bad way. I’m going to go search through the Japanese Irezumi right now and see if anything stands out to me.

Please anyone with ideas feel free to share them. The more ideas I get, the more prepared I am. I want to look into getting this started soon and I will post pictures of the final product, but I won’t start this until I find all of the right elements for it.

Tatman_or
Participant
@tatman_or

So no other ideas? No more advice or help? :confused:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.