KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121
ER88;69309 wrote:
No, you obviously didn’t read the thread.

Either that or my reading comprehension sucks. I get it now. Alex looks real good.

ER88
Participant
@er88

gnarly- you think so?
KJD- he did the bird tattoo, I was hoping you weren’t calling that shitty because I intentionally got it simple. I kind of wanted it to look like stained glass or something a little bit.

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121
ER88;69314 wrote:
gnarly- you think so?
KJD- he did the bird tattoo, I was hoping you weren’t calling that shitty because I intentionally got it simple. I kind of wanted it to look like stained glass or something a little bit.

I like that tattoo. Is that your boobie? It does look like glass. Very nice. Alex should be able to do something for the candy cane tat.

ER88
Participant
@er88

Yes it’s my “boobie”, which has gotten a bit bigger since that picture was taken but the tattoo still flows with it pretty well somehow. Haha.
What do you think I could get done to the bird tattoo to make it a little more interesting? Do you like my idea with the chunky outline additions, or maybe some shading instead?

Scissors
Participant
@scissors

As people have mentioned, it looks more like a bad job by the tattooer than bad caretaking from you. A friend of mine got himself a tattoo kit a while ago and has done some small stuff on his leg and on some friends feet and leg. (Lets don’t get in to how stupid all of this is, at least they’re only messing up their feet…). Because he don’t know how to tattoo the tattoos are crap quality. Sure they don’t look too bad, they’re very small and extremely simple after all. No one can fail the design. But what happened to one guy was that the tattoo pretty much came off in the shower and looked 20 years old in a month. The “tattooer” himself has had to fill in his “thing” as well. In other words he probably don’t go deep enough or something like that, and the way those tattoos turned out looks similar to yours.

Luckily it seems like that tattoo can easily be fixed by a professional, or you could do a cover up.

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121
ER88;69316 wrote:
Yes it’s my “boobie”, which has gotten a bit bigger since that picture was taken but the tattoo still flows with it pretty well somehow. Haha.
What do you think I could get done to the bird tattoo to make it a little more interesting? Do you like my idea with the chunky outline additions, or maybe some shading instead?

Not sure what I would do to that tattoo. Let Alex look at it. I like your tiny boobs. Please take another photo of them without shading the nipple and let me look at that tattoo more fully:)

ER88
Participant
@er88

Well I just got back from having Alex touch it up. I am happy with it, he said the original guy did it too deep and that there were some stretch marks he didn’t tattoo correctly. He said the guy basically did a halfass job -it hurt a lot less this time around. He redid the outline, added some blue shading where the original outline bloated out, and evened out the heart and striping. I’ll take pics of my “new piece” tomorrow.

Edit: screw it i’m taking the pic tonight. The outline doesn’t show all the way in the pic and some of the “shine” makes you not able to see the color, so keep that in mind. It looks much better in person and hopefully I’ll get a betetr pic of it soon. Anyways here’s what he did:
tattoredone.jpg

ER88
Participant
@er88

A better pic of it:
tattoocandyfinished.jpg

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Well…he managed to make the candycanes uneven without distorting the widths of the outline.
That is magical.
Props.

ER88
Participant
@er88

Either that’s sarcasm or I am totally reading the sentence wrong. It’s not perfect but it’s a big improvement in my eyes.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly
ER88;69314 wrote:
gnarly- you think so?

Yes. That’s why I said it. ๐Ÿ™‚
I think the would look better if you added some shading, or details in the color.

And now the left candy cane is much fatter than the right.

TRILOBYTER
Participant
@trilobyter

Im not really a professional to tell you why it turned that way.But from my experience the aftercare doesnt matter at all.I NEVER used any ointment,i took a bath right after i had my tattoos and always cleaned the ink with tissues (lol) but yeah the tattoo went well and never had any problem. Just get it fixed and it will be all cool.

ER88
Participant
@er88
gnarly;69495 wrote:
Yes. That’s why I said it. ๐Ÿ™‚
I think the would look better if you added some shading, or details in the color.

And now the left candy cane is much fatter than the right.

It may be a little bit, but I think it’s partly how my skin is stretched/the angle of the camera. The top part of the candycane on the left IS thicker than the one on the right, if that’s what you guys are talking about, but I still think it’s 100x better, and that isn’t even noticeable from a slight distance. The only thing I don’t like is he put red at the tips on the top end of the candycanes. I would have preferred if he had left that white, candycanes aren’t red on the inside. I might ask him to do the whole tip of the one on the right red to match the one on the left and to make it just look like the tip of it was red instead of the inside of it being red.

edit: Does this look a little better to you guys?
I added a stripe where one was missing and I made them more “even” in terms of striping at the top…
tattoorevision.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.