Ollie321
Participant
@ollie321

Im going to book in with Colin Jones for my first Tattoo which will be a full sleeve.

I didnt really like the full colour jobs to start with, but they have grown on me.

Anyway my idea’s see what you think

Japanese old print style, samurai and geisha,

outer arm in masculine samurai using darker colours and maybe bamboo forest background and inner arm feminine geisha light and dark blues with cherry blossom. I like different things about diff tattoo’s.But keep coming back to this idea, showing both the beauty and savagery of the culture.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey

How long has it been growing on you? You don’t sound totally sure about what you want – and to get a full sleeve when you’re still moving between styles seems risky.

Why don’t you try getting a few japanese style tattoos and then see if you want to extend them into a sleeve?

The idea itself sounds fine though! Check about plants – some plants in Japan are different seasons and you shouldnt include them in the same tattoo (I know nothing about it but it’s something to check in research)

Poesy

Ollie321
Participant
@ollie321
Poesy;69228 wrote:
Hey

How long has it been growing on you? You don’t sound totally sure about what you want – and to get a full sleeve when you’re still moving between styles seems risky.

Why don’t you try getting a few japanese style tattoos and then see if you want to extend them into a sleeve?

The idea itself sounds fine though! Check about plants – some plants in Japan are different seasons and you shouldnt include them in the same tattoo (I know nothing about it but it’s something to check in research)

Poesy

Hi Poesy,

Get what you are saying, I have been looking none stop at different styles themes etc, good thing is cant get it done til march Colin is fully booked until then, so that will give me time to keep researching.

Thanks

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Also remember a full colour sleeve is a big project between you and the artist. Its going to take quite a few sittings to get it done ( My full sleeves took about 30-40 hours each). If you intend on getting the sleeve finished ASAP, Be prepared to be in alot of discomfort for while, not only from sitting in the chair often, but also dealing with the discomfort of healing. Its also going to be expensive. For the record, my first tattoo covered almost my entire back, so i speak from experience.

With all that being said, if you do everything right, sleeves are awesome 😀

ShaneWPRS
Participant
@shanewprs

Couldnt agree more with Poesy. But then again it took me a half dozen tats and 20 years to decide on the exact theme I wanted for a sleeve. Which is something Ive always wanted, but could never be sure on the right design for me.

Japanese style tats are awesome. I considered them myself, but it seems like they are like flames on a car. Those were a cool trend once to. My point is make sure it means something to you. After all its going to be there forever, unlike a car that can get repainted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.