Sally
@

I want to get this tattoo covered.I recently went to some local tattoo parlors to get opinions on price, difficulty etc. and I got some very different feedback from all three places. I would just like some more opinions before I actually get something done. I’m thinking about getting a cherry blossom tree tattoo to cover this one.
1. Is it going to be possible to get this tattoo covered?
2. Is the existing tattoo well done?
3. If it is possible to cover this tattoo up, how difficulty would this be?
4. What would be the best way to go about doing a cover up of this tattoo?
5. Would my fiancé be able to design the cover up?

Thanks for any feedback! It’s greatly appreciated.

Here is the piece. It stretches from the back of my neck about halfway down my back.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Sally;68244 wrote:

1) I’m thinking you’re gonna gotta laser that bitch first.

2) Fuck no. How high were you when you thought that was a good idea?

3) Very.

4) Talk to a professional artist in your area. If it CAN be covered, it’s going to require something HUGE and dark.

5) Psychic powers from beyond, search this man’s fiance’s soul, and tell me if she has the artistic talent to design a cover up tattoo

*shakes magic 8-ball*

The spirits say, how the hell should we know? Do we look like mind readers?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Sally;68244 wrote:
I want to get this tattoo covered.I recently went to some local tattoo parlors to get opinions on price, difficulty etc. and I got some very different feedback from all three places. I would just like some more opinions before I actually get something done. I’m thinking about getting a cherry blossom tree tattoo to cover this one.

Thanks for any feedback! It’s greatly appreciated.

Here is the piece. It stretches from the back of my neck about halfway down my back.

1) Yes
2) no, mediocre at best.
3)not too tough, although you’d have to go pretty big to cover the whole thing
4)I would start to think about how you are going to cover the volume of space that your old tattoo covers.without having a retarded looking tree. Start thinking large scale, as I think that’s going to be your only choice.
5) unless you fiance is a tattoo artist I would say no. You guys can come up with the general idea together but the artist is going to have a lot of input on the design, placement colors and everything else in order to make sure the old tat is covered up nicely. His rep is on the line as well.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I completely agree with KnightHawk, and I must say I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read his No.5, because that was exactly my first instinct for an answer too 😀

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

I agree with KnightHawk, it’ll take a significant size to cover up that S.O.B, but it can be done, I’ve seen many upon many coverups of your type.

As for the one you have now, atleast she has a nice rack.:cool:

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i think it can be covered because i have seen a lot darker tattoos get covered up before .
but where you said its placed doesnt sound like you will be able to cover it up with a cherry blossom tree.
flowers are prob your best option .

TylerMFnBanks
Participant
@tylermfnbanks

Talk to an artist see if they can bright’n it up i think ive heard of artist doing that they have skin colored ink and im pretty sure it would work for that but if not maybe laser or even wrecking balm not quite sure if that works or not but its alot cheaper and supposivley it works theyve been around for about 6 years now if i didnt i dont think they would be selling there product still. Its like 200 bucks to pretty much light’n that up to get it coverd. check into it. Umm as far as a cover after you either get laser or wrecking balm or just get it coverd check into Traditional style work theres alot of dark colors in those types of pieces like the roses or whatever look into it take ur time and go with a theme you like. Dont worry im in the same position you are..

: If anyone has any idea’s on what i should get my caddy symbol coverd up with I like traditional pieces, thats what the rest of the tatt’s on my arm are except this, let me know and send me a message ideas..Please Help!!!!! Gracias

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.