endoftheday
Participant
@endoftheday

Hey

Just wanted to hear from peeps who feel they don’t or do have some regrets over their ink.

Personally I feel a little stupid over a couple of mine – done when i was not in the best frame of mind – not drunk or high (at the time of the tat) but not in a great place. I’m looking into removal and have a cream on order from the States which I’m goin to experiment with on a left forearm tat.

There’s some work on my upper arm where the artist got carried away and put two fat lines through the top of an old skool skull, with the wrong animal (not a favourite) up above it.

The quality of most of the work is actually pretty good considering where it began, but dithering over an idea without really thinking costs.

So i was just wondering how people view their work and how they cope with not feeling 100% over a piece.

Sorry if you find this a silly question from a silly man but it’d be great to hear from peeps.

Thankyou.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I try to look at my work as a reflection of where I was mentally when I got it. my first tat is a piece of flash from a wall that some joker completely effed up. It was supposed to be a sunflower but the put a rose in the center with yellow sunflower leafs around the outside of it. It’s god awful! but…BUT it was my 18th birthday, I didn’t know shit about life and my tat reflects this.

Do I regret it? not at all, it’s part of who I was. I would just as soon regret being 18.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i agree with gsouder. even if i had some poorly done ink (which i dont)…. i wouldnt regret it. it reflects character and time periods in life. if i liked something and got it but didnt like it lator i would still look at it and remember the time where that represented me.

endoftheday
Participant
@endoftheday

Thanks for the replies that does help hope it helps some others too.

Dialback
Participant
@dialback

I have many, many tats. Some of which have been done by artist with history. Mickey Sharpz to name one.
Others have been done quite badly but all mark points in my life. i will never regret or cover/ remove a marker. I have a hand done piece by my sister 30 years ago and it is my pride and joy as it was my first meeting with ink.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.