Dummy86
Participant
@dummy86

What’s up everyone, I have been trying to figure out my first tattoo idea for a few weeks now (half sleeve) and have really liked what I have seen with the flower/rose and koi tats. Although I don’t think I would get koi I do like the look of the black and gray backdrop or black and gray waves with the bright colors of the flowers thrown in there.

I know that there are tons of meanings for all of the flowers out there and I was wondering if most people decide on the flower they want based off of those meanings or just because they look cool? And is there a specific name for these style of tats that I could be searching for to make my life a little easier? haha.

Also, If anyone has any ideas on what might look cool with the flowers and black/gray backdrop please share. I am just looking for ideas and the more the better. Thanks everyone!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

The black backdrop you refer to is “Clouds and Wind Bars” and are common in alot of Asian designs (Japanese and Chinese). The Koi and Flowers are also for the most part, Asian. I have a Koi on my arm and I can tell you it is a very common tattoo. As with any tattoo, you can find many meanings for Koi, mine is a tat I got after the birth of my 3rd son (3 kids, 3 boys).

“Kodomo no hi or Japanese Children’s Day is a festival originally for boys (“tango no
sekku”) but which has been renamed for both sexes and is held on the 5th day of the
5th month.

On this day families with newborn sons fly koinobori, beautiful multi-colored carp
windsocks outside of homes to wish their sons a good future. Otoko means “boy”
and sekku means “festival”.”

As for the flowers, you may need to read up, just to know the backgroud of anything that will forever be on your skin.

Try http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/index.html they have some stuff.

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Check out this guys portfolio

http://www.immaculatetattoo.com/pages/cavana.php

markh
Participant
@markh

I had my artist put cherry blossoms in my tattoo. I love the way they look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.