joemac
Participant
@joemac

for my next tat i was thinking of a full back piece
but theres a problem, how the hell im i going to clean it?
i cant reach the middle of my back to wash it
just wondering how u guys do it so ill have an idea. ty

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I’ve got the same problem, I’m getting mine done Thursday so I can let you know after that how I manage. I’m thinking a soft cloth or something but I’ll have to wait and see. I’m thinking about letting it dry-heal cuz I can’t reach around enough to put cream on but, again, I’ll have to let you know. Is that ok?

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

I’d just ask my wife.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

if you dont have a wife or a girlie friend… a prostitute could always do it. :p

or just dont wash it. i dont wash mine because i did once and it made the scab come off too quickly. i’ve never had any issues not washing..

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

can’t you pour some gentle liquid soap like Dr. Bronner’s down your back?

take up yoga if you want to be flexible.

joemac
Participant
@joemac

LOL!
id never let a pro touch me, forget about washing my back for me lol
and it does suck cause im single atm..
im not sure about pouring soap down your back, but its better than nothing
yoga?? pfft im 6’4 260lbs i can forget about that lol

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

Have you already got it done or are you planning on getting one done?

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I’ve got about an inch right along the bottom of my tat that I just can’t reach, it infuriates me no end that I can’t quite get to it. My daughter cleans and moisturises it for me. I just knew that I had given birth to her for a reason! LOL!

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel
vizzielover;65757 wrote:
I’ve got about an inch right along the bottom of my tat that I just can’t reach, it infuriates me no end that I can’t quite get to it. My daughter cleans and moisturises it for me. I just knew that I had given birth to her for a reason! LOL!

Everyone is saying that they get someone else to do it for them, but what if we can’t? What do we do then?

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
winged_angel;65763 wrote:
Everyone is saying that they get someone else to do it for them, but what if we can’t? What do we do then?

I just have a quick shower, let the water run on it for a few minutes, but not too long, then just wrap the towel around my back without rubbing at the tattoo. I try and moisturise the bits I can reach, the rest has to do without I’m afraid.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Get a very soft cotton towel and hot wash it before each use. Make sure it is wide and long enough to cover the entire back.

If you are wanting to wash the back tattoo soak the towel in water and a cleanser of choice (non-scented liquid soap) rub the towel until you get a foam on it and then drape over your back.

Let the water wash through the towel from the shower then lift off the towel gently and wash the suds off. No rubbing or pulling the towel.

Or lay the towel on the bed (plastic sheeting required) and libe back gently on the towel so the cream or soap covers your back then wash off.

To cream your back you need a 30 cm ruler a very soft sponge and some tape. Cut a hole in the base of the sponge and insert the ruler than fasten in place with glue or tape.

Soak the sponge so it is soft and wet wring it out then apply the surface with the cream. Then use the sponge or cloth to apply the cream gently.

It takes practice but is not so hard as long as you use each hand and divide the back into 4 logical areas.

Take Care
Matthew

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I suppose. I guess I’ll have to wait until I’ve got it done then work out how to clean it. I’ll definately post and let everyone know how I’m getting on plus pics will be up

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i personally wouldn’t leave it without washing , family or friend can help out ? :rolleyes:

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel
Butterfly;65799 wrote:
i personally wouldn’t leave it without washing , family or friend can help out ? :rolleyes:

No family around and friends are all at uni 🙁 Kind of on my own. Gna get my work mate to put cream on it on a saturday morning and might have someone to do it on a wednesday but the rest of the time I’m going to have to try put it on myself.

tmckean15
Participant
@tmckean15

i hadto had my husband clean it for me..i could only reach my neck and shoulder area..my tat goes to the middle of my back and i couldnt reach it for cleaning purposes or even to apply my cream. i always had someone else do it for me..hosently, after my second session of 7 hrs to finish off my tat, I couldnt even lift my arms up cuzx the shit hurt so bad..my whole upper back felt like a piece of raw meat!! couldnt twist my arms or nothing for like 3 days…good luck!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.