winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I’ve booked myself in for my new backpiece next week and I’m booked in for 2 hours. Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do so that
a) I don’t get hungry/bored
and
b) a way that I can numb the pain.

Any advice would be good. I’ve never spent this long in one spot while getting tattoos and I’m very perceptable to pain.

Vynidual
Participant
@vynidual

A book? Eat a large meal like 30mins before.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

a/ Eat before your appointment and you could always try talking to your tatto artist?
b/ See above.

SRC
Participant
@src

two hours really isn’t that long. just come with a full stomach. talking to your artist always passes the time and it’ll be done before you know it

vaglocker
Participant
@vaglocker

Two hours should be a piece of cake. It will fly by and you will wish you had booked for a couple more.

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

Talking to my tattooist is kind of obvious but I mainly need something to keep my mind off the pain. I am quite perceptable to fainting and thinking about that is worrying me. I was ok with my first one but that was only small and the next one is a full back. Any ideas about that?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
winged_angel;65536 wrote:
I’ve booked myself in for my new backpiece next week and I’m booked in for 2 hours. Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do so that
a) I don’t get hungry/bored
and
b) a way that I can numb the pain.

Any advice would be good. I’ve never spent this long in one spot while getting tattoos and I’m very perceptable to pain.

2 hours you will find out to go liquidity split. I’m usually in the chair for 4-5 hours and that time even goes fairly quick. Nothing a great conversation could do to hold you over. If not, then hang in there like the badass you are and enjoy EVERY spec of ink your skin is soaking for 120 min!:D

If you’re woozy, just eat a nice meal before hand and maybe bring an energy drink with you, or a replacement drink like Gatorade that contains sugar. You should be fine.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I confused now. Are you having a full back piece done?
2 hours doesnt sound like a lot of time for that amount of skin?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

After 15 minutes, you’re endorphins will kick in and you will be completely fine.
The pain will be %100 percent tolerable for that time period.
You’re endorphins don’t fade until about 3 hours has passed…

Also…
The more you relax, the easier it is.

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

Yes I’m getting a full back-piece but it’s only the line work because I can’t afford to get the colour and shading done too just yet.

Thanks for the help guys, any extra advice would be good.

Last question: My tattooist told me to get numbing cream and put that on to take the edge off the pain, does it work and how long before can I put it on?

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

ya, 2 hours is a cakewalk. i’ve done as much as 5ish in one session, THAT gets tedious.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
winged_angel;65747 wrote:
My tattooist told me to get numbing cream and put that on to take the edge off the pain, does it work and how long before can I put it on?

Sherav’s answered this several times before but I can’t find one of his answers right now. If I remember correctly, it only starts working after an hour or two, and only works for 45 minutes or something. So.. it’s pretty useless.

EDIT: Found it:

Sherav wrote:
It will take you upto 2 hours wait for the cream to work and will last between 30-45 (60 mins tops)
Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
NeverBSatisfied;65611 wrote:
2 hours you will find out to go liquidity split. I’m usually in the chair for 4-5 hours and that time even goes fairly quick. Nothing a great conversation could do to hold you over. If not, then hang in there like the badass you are and enjoy EVERY spec of ink your skin is soaking for 120 min!:D

If you’re woozy, just eat a nice meal before hand and maybe bring an energy drink with you, or a replacement drink like Gatorade that contains sugar. You should be fine.

I’ve never seen this written down before. I always thought it was lickity split. Who knew?

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I thought it was lickity split too. Different coutries, different spelling I suppose?

I heard that numbing cream doesn’t last that long too but I don’t know what to do because it’s £1.80 for a little thing of it and I’ll have to have at least 3. I think I may well give it a miss cuz it’s so expensive and I’ll just enjoy the feeling of the needle in my back 😀

I’ve got 2 days to go now…..nervous but excited!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

make sure you have a good breakfast with plenty of carbohydrates and then have a sugary drink before you get the tattoo done, your body will automatically drain the sugars from your body while your sitting there, so take a small bottle of coke or similar with you (not diet or sugar free)
take an MP3 player or even take a CD with your favourite music on and ask then if they can play it, it will put you in a calm mood and make the the pain less noticeable 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.