Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Took in all my horse pics to my artist today, and he drew up a flat out amazing custom horse for me. Sat “under the gun” for about 6 hours. Let me tell y’all, it was my most painful tattoo to date, definitely. Every single line felt crazy painful. I’ve never even come close to crying “Mercy”, but I was SO close today. Fortunately, I didn’t wimp out, and my artist was able to complete it. I am SO happy with it!:D
HORSE.jpg

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Whoaa, awesome work! I saw the other thread with the design you wanted, your artist has done you justice. Looks amazing 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i love it 🙂 that came out real sweet

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

That’s so lovely and bright!

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

damn that is very cool, love all the colors!

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

Very nice. Is there a name for that style, with the images within the horse? What does each one mean?

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Amazing! That turned out much better than I thought it would have.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Thanks! Definitely a little tender today, but actually not as bad as I thought.:D If anyone is in or close to GA, Short at All or Nothing Tattoo did this little beauty on me. He is pretty damn amazing, in my humble opinion.;)

Greyhound, I took in about 5 different pictures of these horses calledl “medicine horses”. Each of the horses represent something; Morning horse, Shadow horse, Harvest horse, etc. I had one in particular that I really liked the design of, but it would have needed to be the size of my entire back to fit in all the detail, and it didn’t really mean anything to ME personally, I just liked the desgin. The Tiki mask is for my personal horse, “Tiki”, and the hummingbird ties in with the hummingbird on my calf. The hummingbird is sort of my silly symbol for myself, because I go back and forth on things, and tend to flit from one thing to the next. The sunrise was off of another one of the horses, and I think he used that because visually it tied in with the Tiki mask. Style wise, I am NO artist, by any means, it’s just awesome custom work inspired by the “Medicine Horse”.:)

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

I’ve been wanting to go to All or Nothing for quite some time now. I’m glad you had a good experience. Hmmm I may want to go sooner than later now.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen
eatatjerms;61462 wrote:
I’ve been wanting to go to All or Nothing for quite some time now. I’m glad you had a good experience. Hmmm I may want to go sooner than later now.

This piece is actually my 2nd by them. My hummingbird was the first one I got there, and it was my favorite! This horse has surpassed my bird in my list of favorites, but I think that’s just because I’m getting better at figuring out exactly what I want. The artist that did my bird was J Ranno, but he’s up in Massachusetts now. I’m seriously considering the idea of torturing poor Short with another one of these horses on my OTHER shoulder blade … this time NEXT year, lol. It’ll take awhile for the memory of how painful this was to fade, ha ha.

But seriously, Short is SO good, and SO patient … this was a long, time consuming thing. From what I gather, you can’t go wrong with ANY of the artists there, but I do personally recommend Short based on my experience from yesterday. It’s a really great shop. Lots of walk-ins, though, so do make an appointment. They want a $100 money order deposit from people coming out of state for appointments. Two thumbs up for the shop, though!:D

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound
Tajen;61461 wrote:
Thanks! Definitely a little tender today, but actually not as bad as I thought.:D If anyone is in or close to GA, Short at All or Nothing Tattoo did this little beauty on me. He is pretty damn amazing, in my humble opinion.;)

Greyhound, I took in about 5 different pictures of these horses calledl “medicine horses”. Each of the horses represent something; Morning horse, Shadow horse, Harvest horse, etc. I had one in particular that I really liked the design of, but it would have needed to be the size of my entire back to fit in all the detail, and it didn’t really mean anything to ME personally, I just liked the desgin. The Tiki mask is for my personal horse, “Tiki”, and the hummingbird ties in with the hummingbird on my calf. The hummingbird is sort of my silly symbol for myself, because I go back and forth on things, and tend to flit from one thing to the next. The sunrise was off of another one of the horses, and I think he used that because visually it tied in with the Tiki mask. Style wise, I am NO artist, by any means, it’s just awesome custom work inspired by the “Medicine Horse”.:)

Thanks. The more I look at it the more I absolutely love the design of it. I have been looking for inspiration for a greyhound inspired half sleeve tattoo and the way that looks has got me thinking if I could include something similar in my tattoo, obviously it would be a greyhound not a horse.

It really is fantastic.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms
Tajen;61463 wrote:
This piece is actually my 2nd by them. My hummingbird was the first one I got there, and it was my favorite! This horse has surpassed my bird in my list of favorites, but I think that’s just because I’m getting better at figuring out exactly what I want. The artist that did my bird was J Ranno, but he’s up in Massachusetts now. I’m seriously considering the idea of torturing poor Short with another one of these horses on my OTHER shoulder blade … this time NEXT year, lol. It’ll take awhile for the memory of how painful this was to fade, ha ha.

But seriously, Short is SO good, and SO patient … this was a long, time consuming thing. From what I gather, you can’t go wrong with ANY of the artists there, but I do personally recommend Short based on my experience from yesterday. It’s a really great shop. Lots of walk-ins, though, so do make an appointment. They want a $100 money order deposit from people coming out of state for appointments. Two thumbs up for the shop, though!:D

Wow, that’s it? I heard Brandon was working on only THREE projects this year and wanting a $500 deposit. I know there’s a lot of controversy on his documentaries, but he is just too talented for me to care about that mess. I’ve looked at all their online portfolios and they are all good. I wouldn’t mind any of them working on me. I seriously may take a trip once I get this sleeve finished and the one Outlaw drew up for me. That price sounds great.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Yeah, the Man himself is a little more pricey; $250 an hour, minimum 4 hours. The other “main” guys are $150 an hour, no minimum, and they have some less experienced guys that are still really good that are a little less than that. For the talent they have, the $150 an hour is TOTALLY worth it. The $100 deposit has to be cash or money order, but you can pay for the finished product with a credit card. Of course, the deposit is deducted from the final cost.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Sounds like a great deal to me. I’m sure even the cheaper guys are really good. I doubt they’d let anything less than excellent walk out of there.

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Wow, love the colors they are breath taking. And 6 hours straight under the needle, that’s impressive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.