Callie martinez
Participant
@callie-martinez
Rockysmom;61227 wrote:
there are tons of flowers on google, deviantart, flickr, etc. i have a whole collection of flower tattoos i could send but is there a specific flower you like…rose, lily, hibiscus, etc? I am not really into the black swirling lines..they look a bit flash to me.

Also, you can still do cherry blossoms if those are your favorite. they don’t have to be a huge side piece or anything. Don’t listen to the whole ‘go big or go home’. Not everyone wants a huge tattoo.

Well I wanted that but my husband wants me to have something smaller and now I want a flower on my shoulder blade, I really do not have a favorite flower. I would love to see your collection of flower tattoos.

Callie martinez
Participant
@callie-martinez

I love all those flowers I came up with a concept you kinda you showed there but much smaller in scale. Like a flower on my shoulder blade with a butterfly landing on it.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

this thread becoming a little long :rolleyes:
why not just go and see an artist with your husband and decide together

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Love the tattoos! I’m a sucker for pretty flowers:D Although, I have to say, that after sitting today for 6 hours getting a tattoo on my shoulder blade, that area HURTS. Wow.:eek:

Callie martinez
Participant
@callie-martinez
Tajen;61422 wrote:
Love the tattoos! I’m a sucker for pretty flowers:D Although, I have to say, that after sitting today for 6 hours getting a tattoo on my shoulder blade, that area HURTS. Wow.:eek:

Yeah I got one on my foot so I hope I can handle one on my shoulder blade I want to call the tattoo shop I went to and ask if they will draw me something up I just do not know how much it would be.

katdiablo
Participant
@katdiablo

If it were me (and I’m personal friends my my artist).. I’d go in and say, “hey, I want a flower/butterfly piece on my shoulder and i have $xx.xx amount of money to spend on it.. can you help me design something that will fall in that price range?”

Tajen
Participant
@tajen
katdiablo;61477 wrote:
If it were me (and I’m personal friends my my artist).. I’d go in and say, “hey, I want a flower/butterfly piece on my shoulder and i have $xx.xx amount of money to spend on it.. can you help me design something that will fall in that price range?”

Yeah, this is what I would do. Any reputable artist can take an idea, or a picture, or a concept and draw it up into something that you want. I have never just had a random piece of flash drawn on me, I’ve ALWAYS taken in a picture as a reference, and then let the artist run with it. Usually the tighter your budget, the smaller/less detailed the piece. The more details you want, the bigger it needs to be.

dine
Participant
@dine

I’m sorry, but I can’t get past the issue of doing what your husband wants and sacrificing your own desire. If it’s down to money, wait until you have your own and get what you want. You might end up resenting it. Hard as it sounds, there’s a bit of blackmail going on. Alternatively, get something that can be added to. You’d be surprised at how things can kinda shrink a bit when you get used to looking at it, so going a bit bigger then won’t be noticed.

Callie martinez
Participant
@callie-martinez
dine;61637 wrote:
I’m sorry, but I can’t get past the issue of doing what your husband wants and sacrificing your own desire. If it’s down to money, wait until you have your own and get what you want. You might end up resenting it. Hard as it sounds, there’s a bit of blackmail going on. Alternatively, get something that can be added to. You’d be surprised at how things can kinda shrink a bit when you get used to looking at it, so going a bit bigger then won’t be noticed.

I am ok with getting the shoulder blade tattoo I mean we keep going back fourth of when I can get it it is supposed to be next month I can get it. I would love to get the cheery blossoms but it is ok it is not really the money issue my husband just doesn’t want that big of a tattoo on me. He says I am small and it would not look good on me.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.