frankiedux
Participant
@frankiedux

Hi

I need some help and some tips to my next tattoo.
Im serching to do a tattoo with my wife and im looking to find someting that we can share boths.

So if you have some ideias i will be very thankefull.

Tks

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Introduce yourself in the “INTRODUCE YOURSELF” section…. it’s the option right above the general discussion which. So some how you magically happened to skip the first section so I figured I’d point you into the right direction since you couldn’t find it

Stu
Participant
@stu

Bit harsh I feel BIB as not everyone knows forum ettiquite and can push people away with that attitude! :rolleyes:

In regards to your question frankiedux – you haven’t said what style, size etc etc personally I’d start looking at something on google searches or the gallery to get ideas

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

we would really need to know more about your likes dislikes and if they is things you and your wife both like.
i always like the old school lock and key , you get the lock and your wife gets the key 😉

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova
Stu;57409 wrote:
Bit harsh I feel BIB as not everyone knows forum ettiquite and can push people away with that attitude! :rolleyes:

In regards to your question frankiedux – you haven’t said what style, size etc etc personally I’d start looking at something on google searches or the gallery to get ideas

Forum ettiquite is on the main page. An introduction is only the proper thing to do before asking for favors.

frankiedux
Participant
@frankiedux

Did not mean to skip any section of this forum and with time I will make my presentation.

The idea is that I have something to do in the area of the wrist.

Stu
Participant
@stu
LotusCordova;57509 wrote:
Forum ettiquite is on the main page. An introduction is only the proper thing to do before asking for favors.

I know that hence my introduction after being on here for 18 months lol But as a possible 1st forum virgin who doesn’t know thier way about is where I was referring to. One of my old forums we had an automatic intro for people so the forum welcomed them and pm’d them a link so they could add thier bit

frankiedux
Participant
@frankiedux

No Ideas????:mad:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
frankiedux;57835 wrote:
No Ideas????:mad:

Look dipshit, as you’re been told politely, we can’t make any suggestions yet. We don’t know you. We don’t know what you and your wife are into, what imagery you’re looking for, what kind of style. You going for old school ink, dark and creepy, asian, cutesy, what?

Tattooing is high individualistic, and unless you’re looking for a piece of flashwork, we can’t help you until you give us more info about who you are and what you’re looking for. Seriously, you sound like one of those sorority girls who go down to the near campus parlor in giggling gaggles looking to get a tattoo in the same way they get a purse. They point at a rose on the wall, and get it the size of a dime on their hips, and go home satisfied with how bad they are.

And finally:

Butterfly_Kisses wrote:
i always like the old school lock and key , you get the lock and your wife gets the key

What do you call that, because where I come from, that’s an idea.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Haha now that’s a virtual bitch slap
slap-bitch.jpg

frankiedux
Participant
@frankiedux
KnightHawk;57843 wrote:
Look dipshit, as you’re been told politely, we can’t make any suggestions yet. We don’t know you. We don’t know what you and your wife are into, what imagery you’re looking for, what kind of style. You going for old school ink, dark and creepy, asian, cutesy, what?

Tattooing is high individualistic, and unless you’re looking for a piece of flashwork, we can’t help you until you give us more info about who you are and what you’re looking for. Seriously, you sound like one of those sorority girls who go down to the near campus parlor in giggling gaggles looking to get a tattoo in the same way they get a purse. They point at a rose on the wall, and get it the size of a dime on their hips, and go home satisfied with how bad they are.

And finally:

What do you call that, because where I come from, that’s an idea.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

That i call 1 ideia, and im looking for some other’s ideias, to see what pleaseme more. Understand? and you dont need to be so rude.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

hes right though. you havent given many details about what you and your wife like. Besides, this is really something you should be thinking about yourself,not some strangers on the internet. Tattoos are not to be taken lightly. Search around the internet, magazines and art books for ideas. Dont half ass it!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have looked at thousands of tattoos and did several interviews with couples that had a sharing tattoo concept.

The most common issue that I encountered was that there was a slight dissatisfaction in many of the couples as one often felt pressured to compromise on a design their partner liked more then them.

It was usually described as ‘doing it for them, rather than doing it for us’.

There is also a certain reluctance on forums to suggest these styles of tattoos as what do you do if you split up? You are walking around with constant reminder (especially on the lock and key styles).

That said there are many styles you can equally share;

The infinity symbol

Triquera’s

Flowers

Animals

A favourite quote, poem, or verse

Psalm numbers

Others I have seen are similar to lucky charm bracelets which are tattooed on.

As KH pointed out (in his own special way) is very correct – it is hard to advise unless we know something about you as ppl, your likes, dislikes, passions or views.

Otherwise you can end up with some very lame tattoo suggestions eg unicorns.

Take Care
Matthew

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Matthew man raised a good point (ya know, other than me being right 😀 ) :

What if ya’all break up? Me and my wife were deeply, stupidly in love, so we got matching tattoos on our right arms. It was a pair of zombie heads that looked vaguely like skinny, undead us kissing passionately with the text “Yours until Forever is through” under it. Three years later, we’re divorced, and I have a big, detailed reminder of it on my inner forearm.

It’s obvious from the way you’re talking man that you not only need to put more thought into the design, but into whether you oughtta be doing this at all.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

yeah but KH you can just tell ppl thats your ex wifes portrait LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.