Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Nice. Admiral Ackbar with a nautical theme. Genius, bro.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Two thirds done

5e5ccb81.jpg

Part three in my Star Wars trilogy of paintings is gypsy Princess Leia. Just a start.

0a452056.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh

very neat pieces!, that shark one is pretty cool! the other ones are all great too! great jobs with the colours on the second one,what do you use for colouring?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I use a mix of Nicholson’s Peerless liquid watercolors and Liquitex liquid acrylics. Basically watercolor technique all around though.

TypH
Participant
@typh
DavidJednat;93406 wrote:
I use a mix of Nicholson’s Peerless liquid watercolors and Liquitex liquid acrylics. Basically watercolor technique all around though.

awesome thanks man, i’m looking into differnet stuff for colouring, so I might give those a try sometime.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Here is a bunch of other stuff I’ve been working on

Figure drawing studies

901cdc1f.jpg

c4f8dde7.jpg

4d40029f.jpg

7c4bbc9b.jpg

Some scribble drawings

83fd6bab.jpg

5438c3e8.jpg

533e3882.jpg

33bec9ce.jpg

And some color stuff

a0fc8ba9.jpg

51014e6f.jpg

1fd425ce.jpg

A watercolor skull

c54c65bf.jpg

And I finished this

d24175a9.jpg

TypH
Participant
@typh

those last few 5 piece or so I think are the best,they look freaking amazing,great jobs with the colours,that sugar skull piece is amazing!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like the beaver skull on the flash sheet

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

The complete set…

56b24d24.jpg

6ea182f0.jpg

d24175a9.jpg

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Very nice. Sorry dude, didn’t recognize Leia outside the context of Threepio and Ackbar. What medium was this?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Watercolors and liquid acrylics. I could have used a more recognizable reference for Leia. I just think slave Leia is hot.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Thanks. You got some really nice effects with those two medium.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Thanks for the kind words!

They’re both applied pretty much the same way. I use Nicholson’s Peerless watercolors which are transparent liquids that come in ten colors and applied as washes to build up value and intensity. The liquid acrylics are also obviously liquid like inks but are also fairly transparent with the exception of carbon black and titanium white. I only use the white to add highlights. I’m still learning. I’m pretty much self taught with watercolor. When I have a better grasp of watercolor I’m going to try my hand at oil painting. I just like making art.

I actually gave it up for about ten years because I was focused on music and touring with my band. I really wish I would have stuck with it because I got really rusty. I guess if you don’t use it you lose it.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Hey, David. Not sure where you are located, but if you are in the states PBS has a great show called Gary Spetz’s Painting Wild Places. It’s on Fridays here, but not sure if that’s nationwide. The man is a watercolor genius, though, and I record the program religiously. Just a heads up. (btw, if I recall, I think your from England, got a terrible memory. You might be able to catch some of Gary’s stuff online tho.)

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m from good ol’ Buffalo, New York! Go Bills!

I’ll check him out. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.