ihatekiet
Participant
@ihatekiet

hi.. new to the forums just actually join right now hahah…. but iam finishing off my half sleeve (elbow to wrist completely front and back arm covered) iam just looking for honest people will can help me find the true japanese symbols to these words.. i have lookd for awhile and iam just not yet convinced the pictures i see on google images are legit…

the words are

loyalty,

pride

gratefulness

forgiveness

happiness

if you can find me the images to these japanese symboles.. my love is forever yours hahha <3 ;)... and this is all be incorporated into my japanese dragon cherry blossom tree tattoo .. thanks again

ihatekiet
Participant
@ihatekiet

hmm no one =/…. well thankz.. but if anyone can still help.. but greatly appreciated …

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Best bet is a Japanese dictionary.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go to your local University and got the language department and get the translation from them. Do not trust anyone on the internet. 頭がおかしい

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Japanese Kanji is completely differnet from English, and the translations aren’t always equal. Japanese characters convey concepts, not always words like in English. For instance, one of your examples, Happiness, has six different symbols! It all depends on the context.

There are some websites you can use to help. Just google japanese symbols and you’ll get tons. There are also websites and services you can purchase specific words, symbols, or get custom translations. I recently did something similar. I can send you the website if you want, just send me a message (don’t wan to get in trouble for posting websites here).

Happy tattooing!

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun
buttwheat;95883 wrote:
Go to your local University and got the language department and get the translation from them. Do not trust anyone on the internet. 頭がおかしい

This could be a great idea. Or, you could end up with some snotty burn-out who gives you the symbol for “buttwheat”… 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.