Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Hmm. Tough call, since all of his pics are like 2″x2″. From what I can see, it looks like he can lay some lines, but everything there looks a lot like flash. I know I’ve seen quite a few of them elsewhere. I don’t want to discourage you, though. Go talk to the guy and see what he has to offer. But if he has racks and racks of flash, I say RUN!

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

yep racks and racks of flash and no portfolio and he didnt like the idea of the smoke into tribal he said the smoke would be too much of a contrast to the heavily detailed car on the right and from going to smoke to a solid black tribal. wtf

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Yeah, I’d say time to find another artist, unfortunately.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
PvtDonut;92602 wrote:
the tree is already there bro it is part of my original tattoo

Oh! Of course! Sorry about that. Brainfart going on 🙂

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

lol its all good so after 3 artists should i honestly start to think this is a bad idea i think it would look wicked nice if done well but im just not gettin any support from them at all more often they say its hard or they cant figure it out or its a bad idea.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well I can’t for the life of me see it working out, but you only need one artist that shares your vision.

The question is, does this artist exist somewhere in your extended network or not 🙂

The big problem with my tattoos, for instance, is that I don’t know of a single artist anywhere that truly shares my visions and enjoys the same idiosyncrasies as I do. So, perhaps I may end up never getting any more tattoos…. just because I can’t realize them the way I want them.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

Just out of curiosity what don’t u see coming togvether cuz its obviously something tht other pple aren’t seeing.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hmm… not entirely sure what it is, really.

A single Buddha in the middle surrounded by nothing but smoke… then out of the smoke comes a car careening into the sunset next to a dead tree. Then the smoke also starts to solidify and turns into tribal.. which I rarely ever like….

I dunno man. The whole thing just feels off, somehow. Would LOVE to be proven wrong on it, though.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Gotta agree with Arni. I love your vision and inspiration, but it would take a seriously gifted, like one in every country type artist to pull it off. I think it could be done, sure, but it would probably be a little cost prohibitive, really. Maybe it’s time to find a really good artist and try to get some suggestions as to how you could incorporate SOME of your vision into it, and be open to something entirely different as well. If you have an open mind, you can usually find a compromise that will still make you happy. The main point is that the piece you have now is a nicely done memorial, and you want to enhance that, rather than detract from it.

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

dude just saying maybe u should read some of this and check out the pics first its on my back which we cleared up lol. second i am getting a dragon around/ behind the buddha from under him to over him possibly coming up in between the car and the tribal onto my right shoulder. does it seem less empty now? the smoke is just a background for the buddha and dragon.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Didn’t see the dragon there on the pic. See it now. It’s certainly less empty, but I’m still not seeing it working.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Here, since you didn’t want my opinion in your other thread I’ll bluntly give it here. Your concept is a hot mess of elements that will not flow well together, especially when you want everything tied to a lame tribal design and tire smoke. Good artists know what will work as a tattoo and what won’t, it’s time to ditch your idea and simplify the concept so not everything is tied into car smoke and a tribal on your arm. Sounds like it should be a few seperate tattoos to me, not one giant mess from back to arm with unrelated elements. When multiple artists are telling you the same thing, I suggest the problem is with your concept and not necessarily with the artists. Just because something works in your mind or on a piece of paper doesn’t mean it will translate to a tattoo, and a reputable artist won’t want his/her name on that design. I hope you’re now happy I posted this in the proper thread. Good luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.