slightly.malicious
Participant
@slightly-malicious

I am looking for a visual and open-minded person who’s awesome with a pencil! 😀 or pen!! I have a few ideas/hints at a really cool tatt i want but am not graced with a good drawing hand 🙁 so if you’d be willing to collaborate with me let me know! 😀

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I assume this is your first, yeah? Because if it wasn’t you’d know that part of what you pay your tattoo artist for is to actually design your tattoo for you. This isn’t an inconvenience for them, it’s part of their fee and the reason you have to pay a deposit. Your best bet is to go find a reputable tattoo artist, speak with the dude, tell him what you’re looking for, and have him draw you up something awesome.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

slightly.malicious
Participant
@slightly-malicious

nope. i already have my first. and i’m not trying to take any profit away from an artist, i’ll pay whatever they deem necessary to do my ink. i think of it as saving them time if i already have exactly what i want drawn up, because i’m very detail-oriented and most-likely won’t like the first finished drawing.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

By having someone else draw it, you’re not depriving the tattoo artist of any money. The deposit for drawing typically comes off the final price of the tattoo. It’s just a way of making sure that they don’t draw your tattoo for nothing if you decide to go with another artist, or decide for whatever reason to not get it done.

It’s like, let’s assume your tattoo will cost $650 to get done. Your artist wants a $30 deposit to draw it up. He draws it, you like it, and he inks you. At the end of the inking you’ll owe him $620.

Any tattoo artist worth his salt will welcome a detail orientated customer. My own artist also works on my sister and I’ve seen her make him redraw a single piece four times until it was exactly how she wanted it. That’s how it works, and honestly, you’re not likely to find someone online who’s going to draw your tattoo for free, especially if you are as detail orientated as you claim. In the long run my man, it really will save you time and cash just to go to a reputable artist and tell him what you want in excruciating detail.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

slightly.malicious
Participant
@slightly-malicious

hmm i wasn’t aware of the deposit thing, the place i went to for my first one didn’t require a deposit..

i understand the unlikeliness of anyone taking up such a project but i wanted to try anyway.

that’s the problem in itself i don’t know exactly what i want in excruciating detail..i won’t know until i see something i like or dislike.

oh and i’m not a man. haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.