User45
Participant
@user45

So, I got my first tattoo a few years ago and I still absolutely love it – but at this point I’d really like to fill in all the empty space. Ideally I’d eventually like to turn this into a half, or even full sleeve.

Unfortunately, the original design was made in collaboration with a friend who passed away and… well… I’m not that artistically capable and I’m clueless on how to continue in a coherent way. I don’t really want a mish-mash of different tattoos in totally different styles if that makes any sense?

I’ve seen a number of tattoo artists in the area and haven’t received a ton of great input, so any help would be totally appreciated.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/benlbrenner/photo.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

photo.jpg

So I understand this tattoo means a lot to you but it will be hard to add anything to it because it’s not a good tattoo. Anything that is added is just going to look like carp sorry man but to pretend it’s good is not going to help. I know this is done with your friend that passed away but any thoughts on getting it covered up? Well you always have the other arm.

User45
Participant
@user45

Would it even be possible to cover up…?
I mean, it`s pretty big and pretty dark.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Don’t add or cover it, just go on the fresh arm and get a good sleeve 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Smartest reply wardy has ever posted. Ever.

User45
Participant
@user45

Well, I went to yet another tattoo place today and they said if I could come up with a good idea for something darker they think it would be possible to cover up, I’m unsure though.

I’m all for moving on to my other arm and getting a better sleeve, but this one feels so incomplete and I’d really like to do something about it first. Does that make sense?

If I were to just go and get another sleeve, do you think it would have to be in a similar style but less… uh… bad…? I just don’t want it to look too ‘out of place’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.