jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I’m starting to feel the old familiar itch. I need to make an appt.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Call_me_Lola 136420 wrote:

Aaaaaannndd Arni has lost his mind.

😉

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@jerryatrophy 136427 wrote:

I’m starting to feel the old familiar itch. I need to make an appt.

0071746021190_500X500.jpg

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Had my last exam of the semester today, in theory, history and problems in anthropology. Oral exam. I was freaking out so bad, huge curriculum, and I’m taking a lot of other classes, had another exam yesterday and I’ve been working so much lately, and we had zero prep time. And I got a damn B. And my favorite anthropologist was doing it, and told me I had huge potential as an anthropologist and that he loved my independent thinking. It’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. Even though they gave me the wrong grade first. Told me I got a C, then came running after me and corrected himself. I could have choked him.
    Then I went to work, we got struck by a hurricane, had to cancel concerts and had 300 people stuck in the building due to the weather. But no one was in a bad mood, everyone was cool with it and some of our musicians that made it there played christmas carols. A bit too much excitement in one day, I’m seriously surprised it all turned out so damn well! And now; For one of my most well-deserved glasses of wine ever.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@BertNaked 136435 wrote:

0071746021190_500X500.jpg

This made water exit my nose.

Going to scratch the itch this afternoon with a little Friday the 13th action. It’ll probably just make it worse though.
    Also I’m stoked to go see the new hobbit movie today!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Oh, Pox. I’m sorry about that finals shit. It’s just awful.

In an hour and a half I’m going to sneak out of work without going to a meeting. If stopped, I plan to say I have diarrhea. Desperate move, but I really want to go home, enjoy coffee and a pastry, and pass out for 12 hours.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@GrayCatLove 136451 wrote:

Oh, Pox. I’m sorry about that finals shit. It’s just awful.

Well it all ended well! 🙂 Haha, so it wasn’t too bad ^^

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Glad to hear it.

Signed up for the MCAT. I’m a glutton for punishment.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@GrayCatLove 136461 wrote:

Glad to hear it.

Signed up for the MCAT. I’m a glutton for punishment.

I guess I should have explained; B is a very good grade. It’s the next best one 🙂 And considering how massive the course was, it’s amazing for me. I was a child prodigy, but that all passed when I discovered punk, alcohol and boys. So I’m extremely happy about my own accomplishments this year 🙂 First time in my life I’ve only listened to myself and not to what others expected of me, and I expect equally good or better grades in the rest of my classes. So it’s all very very good 🙂

And what’s MCAT? 🙂

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Had one of four finals today!
    IMG_20131214_102858_zps19cb5d83.jpg
    Finally threw in the towel here.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 136464 wrote:

I guess I should have explained; B is a very good grade. It’s the next best one 🙂 And considering how massive the course was, it’s amazing for me. I was a child prodigy, but that all passed when I discovered punk, alcohol and boys. So I’m extremely happy about my own accomplishments this year 🙂 First time in my life I’ve only listened to myself and not to what others expected of me, and I expect equally good or better grades in the rest of my classes. So it’s all very very good 🙂

And what’s MCAT? 🙂

B is definitely good. The C crap would have torn me up just going through it. (I’m ridiculously competitive. I actually choose things my boyfriend’s less comfortable at, like golf, because despite the fact he’s more athletic than I am, it gives me some chance of beating him. He’s got the jump on me by 80 lbs. and about 3-4 inches in height. I have to do SOMETHING. 😉 I can’t just sit there and lose gracefully.)

The MCAT is the test to get into medical school. As a nurse practitioner in my state, I can do most medical procedures as long as a doctor signs off on it, but it would be nice to not have to kiss the doctor’s ass and to make more money. I also can’t do any surgery or anything crazy, with the exception of small things like incisions and drainages and circumcisions. Basically, I’m tired of being the doctor’s bitch.

Eating steamed Chinese dumplings and dreading vacuuming and getting ready for a guest. Hoping the guest forgot the invitation.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Bert; Haha! Ex phil, huh? I took it twice before I decided to actually study for it. Sooooo happy I’m done with it! Clever of NTNU to move it to the next-last semester, so they can’t just take it, fail and try again for three years like all of us did. I know a girl who took it seven times ;D

GCL; Oh, wow! Hope you get to be a doctor then 😀

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 136467 wrote:

…and circumcisions.

Do you get many tips?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Sam-I-Am 136469 wrote:

Do you get many tips?

Lets hope not

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@poxphobia 136468 wrote:

Bert; Haha! Ex phil, huh? I took it twice before I decided to actually study for it. Sooooo happy I’m done with it! Clever of NTNU to move it to the next-last semester, so they can’t just take it, fail and try again for three years like all of us did. I know a girl who took it seven times ;D

GCL; Oh, wow! Hope you get to be a doctor then 😀

Hell yes. Same thing here.. this is my second try, but because it crashed with the other tests, I’m taking it this summer instead. The old “retiree” who checked the paper when I were done, was close to have a stroke.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 754 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.