GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

One more night shift to bang out.

It always amazes me, although it’s a small number of people, those who automatically distrust NPs because they’re, well, not MDs. Really, it’s not even the MD thing… It’s not having “Dr.” in front of your name. And it’s usually the people who have minor problems: Headaches from smoking too many cigarettes, sinus infections, and other things any moron could spot a mile away. I used to understand the irritation of those who were still working on bachelor’s degrees and would have to go through PhD programs to get an NP. But the fact is, DOs are trusted more than NPs, simply for the doctorial element.

Probably the only thing that could drive me back to school is the freedom of quieting morons by saying, “Yes, I’m a doctor.”

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 134815 wrote:

Probably the only thing that could drive me back to school is the freedom of quieting morons by saying, “Yes, I’m a doctor.”

What do you call a person who graduates medical school at the bottom of the class?
    .Doctor.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 134821 wrote:

What do you call a person who graduates medical school at the bottom of the class?
    .Doctor.

True story: I know a guy who is so backwards and weird he will order a Big Mac, bring it to work, and pick off every sesame seed. 1) The things have no taste. 2) He’s never thought to just order a plain bun. I’ve seen him eat DOZENS.

But he’s a doctor, so people think he’s brilliant. He got through med school by being a really dedicated student, not by being brilliant. (Trust me.)

Also, I was *almost* asleep, then the guy I’ve been interested in calls. Now I’m all wired up again. *Sigh.* At least Thursday middle of the month shouldn’t be crazy.

ETA: And to further prevent me from sleep, my ex-sister-in-law shows up at my door telling some rambling story about being off work due to disciplinary action, blah blah blah. Literally just talked over her and said, “I don’t mean to be rude, but goodbye,” and shut the door.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@GrayCatLove 134815 wrote:

One more night shift to bang out.

It always amazes me, although it’s a small number of people, those who automatically distrust NPs because they’re, well, not MDs. Really, it’s not even the MD thing… It’s not having “Dr.” in front of your name. And it’s usually the people who have minor problems: Headaches from smoking too many cigarettes, sinus infections, and other things any moron could spot a mile away. I used to understand the irritation of those who were still working on bachelor’s degrees and would have to go through PhD programs to get an NP. But the fact is, DOs are trusted more than NPs, simply for the doctorial element.

I’m a drug rep so I talk to Drs and Nurses everyday. And you’re so right, almost all nurses I’ve met know their shit, but theres so many Drs who don’t. The worst part is nurses are underpaid and many Drs are overpaid.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Amok 134849 wrote:

I’m a drug rep so I talk to Drs and Nurses everyday. And you’re so right, almost all nurses I’ve met know their shit, but theres so many Drs who don’t. The worst part is nurses are underpaid and many Drs are overpaid.

I love drug reps. And not just because they bring gifts, but also food.

Busy night tonight until now. And this is in my top three of weirdest weeks ever.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I meet someone new today. He fondled my junk then stuck his finger in my ass.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@buttwheat 134852 wrote:

I meet someone new today. He fondled my junk then stuck his finger in my ass.

White pumps and third base on the first date. What do they have in common? Signs of a true whore.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I finally have an actual work space for my motorcycles. Rather than an open carport I have successfully cleaned out and claimed the 12×24″ shed as my new shop. !!! Why didn’t I do this years ago. For now I can progress during the cold!

All I Gata do now is sweep out the three pounds of roach turds, seam seal everywhere and bug bomb the hell out of it. New lock, few lag bolts in the rafters and an electric heater. ……also recliner.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 134864 wrote:

All I Gata do now is sweep out the three pounds of roach turds, seam seal everywhere and bug bomb the hell out of it. New lock, few lag bolts in the rafters and an electric heater. ……also recliner.

Refrigerator?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I just ran five miles. Why is it we’re the only species stupid enough to run five miles for no reason and feel some accomplishment in that? I mean, even at the expense of other things.

More depressingly: My senior citizen father ran seven.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’m a walker. I reserve my running for when something is chasing me.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Someone buy me these.

If you’re too cheap, buy me these. I won’t think less of you for buying from the lower line. Unless you got them on sale. Then just send them and never speak to me again.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

IT’S SNOWING! Like, really! Everything is white! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love when the first snow hits, I’m so happy! ๐Ÿ˜€ (this be where I live)
    Now I’m just waiting for more snow and northern lights, and I’ll be so happy! Freezing, but happy!
    Wow, I’m really looking forward to the northern lights this year. It was so awesome all of last winter, hope its as good this year! ^^

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Wow, pox, that is gorgeous.

It was cold here, but no snow… Haven’t been to bed yet. I think Dad was lonely. He wanted to watch Season 3 of Rules of Engagement and Season 3 of The Walking Dead, eat pizza, go to the gym. I am exhausted. Lonely old people are exhausting.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I was so close to Canada today I could see it and my cat died
    (the two are not related)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 754 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.