siegal
Participant
@siegal

Hi guys. I need help. Anyone seen such a tattoo before? It was found on an unidentified and unanimated male a few days ago in Switzerland, Europe. First clues seem to point to Eastern Europe.
Thanks for your help.
S.

101018_2.jpg

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

By unanimated, you mean dead? It looks like an old Mercenary tattoo or maybe something from prison. No real style there to even guess where it was done.

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

All I can really make out is the Chimera(?) looks to be climbing up a dagger. The dagger would probably be the easiest bit to trace
L

siegal
Participant
@siegal

Thanks TOPDOG,

Yeah, by unanimated I mean dead. Your lead seems to be right too. Today we learnt that clues are tracing the guy to a Balkanic army in eastern Europe.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

So, what did this guy do? How’d he die? Details, Details…

siegal
Participant
@siegal

He was found dead and unclothed at the back of a barn in the Swiss country side with a deathly knife wound. No one knows who the guy is. The only clue is this tattoo he has on his upper left arm.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Just as a side issue I have seen some Russian and Polish tattoos of a similar dagger – the dagger by itself (plain) sometimes used to represent a sex offender (usually a rapist).

However if the dagger was endorsed by a reaper image or skull/skeleton on the handle it was a msg to ppl to try and rape, injure, or humiliate the wearer would result in your death. (It literally meant that they were no prisoner’s bitch).

The chimera is often worn as a symbol of power or revenge over one’s enemies.

Obviously these images can mean a whole variety of things and many are adopted by the military as symbols of elitism, power, or pride in their regiment.

However looking at the quality this was def done by an amateur and would suggest underground or prison style of tattooing.

Take care
Matthew

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

I agree with the Russian prison tattoo idea. I think there are a few books out on russian prison and russian mob tattoos. Might be a good place to start.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.