southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee

I personally cant draw worth a flip and if there is someone in this forum that could help me it would be greatly appreciated

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I guess you would need to be a little more specific in your request, in order to get an intelligent answer (assuming such can actually be found in here ;))

southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee
ArniVidar;75665 wrote:
I guess you would need to be a little more specific in your request, in order to get an intelligent answer (assuming such can actually be found in here ;))

HAHAHA, I figured if I could at least find someone who could draw well that would be half the battle. I cant even find someone who can draw better than a stick figure.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

There are tons of people in here who can draw way better than a stick figure.
But, speaking mainly for myself.. If I were to draw something for free for someone, I would need to know what it is first. I only draw something that inspires me when it comes to such.

So just tell us what you want, and maybe someone actually wants to do it 🙂

southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee
poxphobia;75688 wrote:
There are tons of people in here who can draw way better than a stick figure.
But, speaking mainly for myself.. If I were to draw something for free for someone, I would need to know what it is first. I only draw something that inspires me when it comes to such.

So just tell us what you want, and maybe someone actually wants to do it 🙂

Ok since you put it like that 🙂 What I am looking for is a pair of 45’s to be used as the base of wings with the feathers of the wngs made from various bullets embracing either the American flag or something else (Kanji symbol for family and country). I REALLY just want to get the basic design of my gun/bullet wings out of the way first. I also wouldnt mind paying (I planned to anyway) for someones time. I am just a real pain in the @$$ and if it is going to be put permantly on my body I want it drawnvery close the way I want.

This will be on my inner forearm extended down to my wrist. Here is a quick pic I put together to get a general feel for what I am looking for I just want it SOOOOOOOOOO much better than this. Obviosuly instead of the feathers I want bullets.

pistol.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If it’s gonna be on the inner forearm, it’s going to be tiny. If it’s going to be tiny, those 1911’s won’t have any detail in them at all. Also, you’ve stretched the image of the 1911 out of proportion. That must mean you didn’t like it’s proportions beforehand. That distortion makes the tattoo look more feasible lengthwise (since the canvas is very long and thin) but in reality those guns alone, in any detail worth pursuing, are going to wrap the whole way around your arm… leaving no room for any ‘wings’

southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee

HMMMMMMM interesting point. Now what if I didnt care if I used my WHOLE forearm, inner and outer?

ArniVidar;75707 wrote:
If it’s gonna be on the inner forearm, it’s going to be tiny. If it’s going to be tiny, those 1911’s won’t have any detail in them at all. Also, you’ve stretched the image of the 1911 out of proportion. That must mean you didn’t like it’s proportions beforehand. That distortion makes the tattoo look more feasible lengthwise (since the canvas is very long and thin) but in reality those guns alone, in any detail worth pursuing, are going to wrap the whole way around your arm… leaving no room for any ‘wings’
southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee

I would also like to add that I dont mind if the 45’s are not even drawn like that maybe even shown from an angled view. I wish I could describe better the idea in my head

ArniVidar;75707 wrote:
archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

ill try to draw it up for you, its not the type of thing that I usually draw so I cant make any promises but Ill give it a shot

southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee
archie_72490;75710 wrote:
ill try to draw it up for you, its not the type of thing that I usually draw so I cant make any promises but Ill give it a shot

Hey just the fact you are even willing to try is awesome and I do apppreciate it. Thank you

ArniVidar
@arnividar

In your concept, the width of the tattoo is almost the same as the height, and that’s not including fixing the proportions of the guns. Would it ever look good with the wings almost touching each other on the back? And since that’s what most people would see at first glance, what kind of tattoo would that be… a weird symbol made out of bullets, making absolutely no sense. I’m not sure this idea can ever work as an arm piece.

southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee
ArniVidar;75712 wrote:
In your concept, the width of the tattoo is almost the same as the height, and that’s not including fixing the proportions of the guns. Would it ever look good with the wings almost touching each other on the back? And since that’s what most people would see at first glance, what kind of tattoo would that be… a weird symbol made out of bullets, making absolutely no sense. I’m not sure this idea can ever work as an arm piece.

Well I have plenty of canvas and I could always save my arm for something else. I will see what peoples ideas are and see what they come up with. I definitely appreciate the input

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I think you’d be better of using a bit more space. Like, a back piece or something. I like the idea, and I could draw it up as well, but you need more space. The image would look a bit off, being on your arm. With such a design, it will require some space to actually look good. Would allow a lot more detail and depth. Going big is usually a good idea with more complicated designs.

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

Im going to agree with them about using a larger space. the size that I’m drawing it at to get it detailed at all is too big to make it wrap around my arm and I’m a pretty big guy. Even if it could fit on your arm with any detail, my opinion is that its a tattoo that wouldn’t look great if you couldn’t see the whole piece at once.

southernfryedyankee
Participant
@southernfryedyankee

You guys are probably right. Draw it up (IF you want to) and I am sure I will be able to find a space for it hahaha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.