SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac

Haha,A Tyelenol???!! Sorry but DMoney-you make me laugh! It’s onlly arm hair!
Imagin the pain a xxx wax causes a woman(or man).
I also am a beautician and can tell you that waxing pulls out the whole length of hair,root and all so on average you’ll get 4-6 weeks out of it before it needs to be done again.Shaving “chops” the hair off at skin level,hence that “thick stubbly look” that happens.And depilitory creams(veet etc) dissolve the hair at skin level so given a couple of days the hair will grow back again.Also be aware that there are far more alergic reactions to these products than any other method.
Also moisturising with not eliminate dead skin cells and help with less pain-the pain sensation comes from each nerve ending within the hair folicle.
I say go to a professional and bite the bullet!! Waxing and exfoliation(to avoid ingrown hairs) will be the long lasting way to go imo.;)

DMoney
Participant
@dmoney

Haha just telling you what works from experience + medical knowledge. If people are afraid of the pain of waxing (which a lot of people are) a tylenol beforehand will reduce the pain (works for waxing “elsewhere” on the body as well). Just cause it’s not pain to you doesn’t mean it’s not pain for someone else.

As for moisturizing + exfoliating, it does get rid of dead skin cells, and ofcourse speaking from experience only, when my skin is dry, waxing seems so much more painful than when i’m perfectly moisturized.

Just “unofficial” tips – not laws – could be useful to some who may operate the same way I do =) No need to be a professionl to give advice from personal experience!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

To me, it just seems like if you can get inked, you can get waxed, pain wise.

Me, I just shave because waxing just seems too damn complicated.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac

Yeah,fair enough! It just seems to me that if you’re waxing because of a tattoo,then waxing would be tolerable in pain comparison! Each to their own though.
Hey why not try each hair removal technique,and let us know what you think of each one? 😀

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Only if you come over and apply them to me Sally. 😀

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

damn so many options! I am kind of skeptical about waxing now, as some have stated over time it could do some damage to the tattoo cause it goes so deep. I wonder how that veet really works, and if it does at all? One way to find out…

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

I’ve never shaved just to make my tats look better. If I was going to try to win something at a convention then yeah but ingrown hairs suck.

SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac
KnightHawk;62218 wrote:
Only if you come over and apply them to me Sally. 😀

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Cute lol! 😉

SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac
Bdubbs;62223 wrote:
damn so many options! I am kind of skeptical about waxing now, as some have stated over time it could do some damage to the tattoo cause it goes so deep. I wonder how that veet really works, and if it does at all? One way to find out…

Waxing doesn’t go deep.It removes the hair,root n all and some dead skin cells from the surface of your skin(epidermis).I believe tattoos are deeper than the first couple of layers(dermis),otherwise they would be shed along with the dead skin cells daily.
skin-epidermis-dermis-hair.jpg

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

hell yeah! If you wanna show off that badass art, shave them suckas! but i forget a lot.. thank god i dont have hairy ass arms

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
SallyMac;62244 wrote:
Waxing doesn’t go deep.It removes the hair,root n all and some dead skin cells from the surface of your skin(epidermis).I believe tattoos are deeper than the first couple of layers(dermis),otherwise they would be shed along with the dead skin cells daily.
skin-epidermis-dermis-hair.jpg

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/skin-and-lifestyle/tattoo.htm

Tallulah Belle
Participant
@tallulah-belle

Waxed my chest once and it hurt like a bitch. Got halfway through and couldnt go on. Looked like the missing link for some time afterwards

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
Bdubbs;62089 wrote:
hmm think that stuff actually works?

Yes, it works. Just used it last night

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
ontwo;62306 wrote:
Yes, it works. Just used it last night

Theres a couple different kinds, which one do you use?

SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac

Slappy13-Thanks for that 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.