hyperkiper11
    Participant
    @hyperkiper11

I believe all markings (tattoos) on our bodies should speak for us and have purpose. What do you think? Check out http://markingsofmeaning.com

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Absolutely!!

stowsea
    Participant
    @stowsea

a few of mine have meaning, mainly just family stuff. I dont feel that a tattoo has to mean anything, maybe you just like the way it looks. take tribal for example. but that doesnt mean not to think about what you are putting on your body

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@stowsea 28704 wrote:

a few of mine have meaning, mainly just family stuff. I dont feel that a tattoo has to mean anything, maybe you just like the way it looks. take tribal for example. but that doesnt mean not to think about what you are putting on your body

Good point… to each his own for sure!

squid
    Participant
    @squid

all my tattoos have meaning, i don’t think all have to, but it is good if they tell a story

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@squid 28822 wrote:

all my tattoos have meaning, i don’t think all have to, but it is good if they tell a story

I thought the same about them telling a story. It makes them that much more interesting and unique.

๐Ÿ˜€

squid
    Participant
    @squid

@AhshKoshBGosh 28823 wrote:

I thought the same about them telling a story. It makes them that much more interesting and unique.

๐Ÿ˜€

its true, i knew a few people that are check my tattoo out
    and i ask them why they got it
    and a blank look comes across their face like
    iono just cos

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@squid 28824 wrote:

its true, i knew a few people that are check my tattoo out
    and i ask them why they got it
    and a blank look comes across their face like
    iono just cos

lol yea I have a friend like that, i ask for a meaning to his hippish tattoos and he’s like uhhh (insert some sort of BS about life and what not here) and you can clearly tell he doesnt even know what the symbol itself means. I have nothing against hippish symbols but if your gonna tattoo your body with them at least know what it means.

I have a couple of tattoos I want to get that dont have much of a story but they would plainly express ME and who i am. And when ppl ask me hey whats that goofy one all about i can tell them aint much of a story but it plainly expresses my personality.

๐Ÿ˜‰

squid
    Participant
    @squid

@AhshKoshBGosh 28826 wrote:

lol yea I have a friend like that, i ask for a meaning to his hippish tattoos and he’s like uhhh (insert some sort of BS about life and what not here) and you can clearly tell he doesnt even know what the symbol itself means. I have nothing against hippish symbols but if your gonna tattoo your body with them at least know what it means.

I have a couple of tattoos I want to get that dont have much of a story but they would plainly express ME and who i am. And when ppl ask me hey whats that goofy one all about i can tell them aint much of a story but it plainly expresses my personality.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Lol im getting my back done of somebody holding a surfboard at the beach and on the side will be a pitbulls head cos its explain who i am no story to it, just who i am

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@squid 28827 wrote:

Lol im getting my back done of somebody holding a surfboard at the beach and on the side will be a pitbulls head cos its explain who i am no story to it, just who i am

Self Expression is freedom… in my opinion.

twin1
    Participant
    @twin1

I have a tat on my back, chinese symbols (translated directly from my dad who lives in china) that means twins. My twin sister and I have the same but mine is to the right of my spine and hers is to the left. So mine definitely means something to me.

iNKYBITS
    Participant
    @inkybits

All mine have a spiritual meaning for me. I have a cover up on my left forearm, now its a wizard which covers a winged skull, my first tattoo. The winged skull represented for me the freedom of spirit, no death! The wizard reperesents that we create our own reality with unseen magik but magik no less.

I have a celtic cross, (I’m Scottish), on my left upper arm, with two scrolls top and bottom with the words Dileas, (Top scroll), and Spriorad, (lowerscroll), Gealic for Faithful Spirit. I also have The Flower of Life symbol tattooed on my right breast and last but by no means least my latest ink done at the Derby Show this year, (body of knots).

It took a while for me to come up with this idea but my artist was a great help in transporting my ideas into my skin. I wanted something that says this is me! On the inside ๐Ÿ˜‰ trying to be a bit different from the biomechanical stuff, I aint no robot! I came up with an idea to show off my inards as Celtic knots and for anyone who knows me personally, they agree it sums me up!!! A bag of never ending knots ha ha ha ๐Ÿ™‚

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@iNKYBITS 28871 wrote:

All mine have a spiritual meaning for me. I have a cover up on my left forearm, now its a wizard which covers a winged skull, my first tattoo. The winged skull represented for me the freedom of spirit, no death! The wizard reperesents that we create our own reality with unseen magik but magik no less.

I have a celtic cross, (I’m Scottish), on my left upper arm, with two scrolls top and bottom with the words Dileas, (Top scroll), and Spriorad, (lowerscroll), Gealic for Faithful Spirit. I also have The Flower of Life symbol tattooed on my right breast and last but by no means least my latest ink done at the Derby Show this year, (body of knots).

It took a while for me to come up with this idea but my artist was a great help in transporting my ideas into my skin. I wanted something that says this is me! On the inside ๐Ÿ˜‰ trying to be a bit different from the biomechanical stuff, I aint no robot! I came up with an idea to show off my inards as Celtic knots and for anyone who knows me personally, they agree it sums me up!!! A bag of never ending knots ha ha ha ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh wow that sounds amazinf… is there a place you hae posted pics of these tattoos? id like to see them.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@twin1 28853 wrote:

I have a tat on my back, chinese symbols (translated directly from my dad who lives in china) that means twins. My twin sister and I have the same but mine is to the right of my spine and hers is to the left. So mine definitely means something to me.

Nice, my first was japanese symbols that stand for Liberation (story behind that is got divorced and finally became the person the ex was keeping caged up inside me), I wanted my first one to say alot while still being simple.

iNKYBITS
    Participant
    @inkybits

@AhshKoshBGosh 28872 wrote:

Oh wow that sounds amazinf… is there a place you hae posted pics of these tattoos? id like to see them.

Hi AhshKoshBGosh, great name ๐Ÿ˜€ I am not sure how to load them up ? I am the original techno phobic ha ha. My right upper arm is my profile pic, can it be anlarged????? the others are stored in computer! I’ll try again to load them up and see how I go ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.