KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    Izarrasink;42479 wrote:
    Jeez where you been KH? I’ve missed your foul mouth lol

School decided to change it’s name from DAAP to “KnightHawk Must Die” and piled such a litany of work upon my shoulders as to be almost comical. But, I’m back now, especially since school doesn’t come back in until September.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

My Dear Knighthawk

Alas I have been reprieved of my title ‘Lord Hull’ the was a slight misunderstanding between me and my good peers concerning 3 ladyboys, a few pipes of opium and a randy kanagaroo.

Nothing of note really but the damn authorities are looking at it from a totally misguided point of view.

As I said to my former friend and confidant the Right Honourable Judge Sour-codpiece the only sign of a true pervert is one who shares his lusts with an American. 😉 it was then that I was stripped of my title after I heard he had lain with some bit of rough who used the initials KH.

As for the harlot Ol’ Big Knickers was rumoured to have passed the drippin syph to all and sundry I am currently considering the ‘hot iron rod treatment’ – I need to keep use of my fingers.

Glad that you are getting some breathing space in class – always nice to take a break from it all. You cleared the decks for next year?

Take Care
    Matthew (The alleged pervert formerly known as Lord Hull0

prophecy
    Participant
    @prophecy
    Izarrasink;31800 wrote:
    How about those of us that dont need a licence? In my town anyone can tattoo, I am a professional artist and have a studio, but i cant send you my licence as i dont have one. We only have guidelines that we abide by, some towns you need to be registered but here we dont. So can i still be included in this area of the forum, i could send you my autoclave serial number lol.:D

what town are you in?
    in new zealand?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Waihi NZ:D

Daniel.Drache
    Participant
    @daniel-drache

I’m not a professional & I certainly don’t tattoo anyone.

I agree that someone professionally trained is more likely to provide a better tattoo, Hygiene etc

But if someone is dedicated, talented & doesn’t just pick up a gun & call’s themselves a professional, then they deserve the benefit of the doubt (Backed up with previous work)

I’ve looked at Izarrasink’s album & it’s of a high standard, if she lived in my area I would consider her along with the Tattoo Parlours.
    I live in New Zealand so maybe we have different standards (no licensing etc),
    but one of the local business’s did a guitar & the arm was bent (45 degrees) as he was supposedly high, another one has a reputation for not being hygienic.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that a licensed professional is usually more trustworthy & provides better work,
    But depending on the quality of their work someone who has other commitments (Children etc) & has a part time studio on there property should still be considered a professional

just my two cents
    Daniel

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i like your way of thinking, although the idea of a professional shop is always higher standards can be dismissed in one fowl swoop…. take for instance Chris Krinkle from Big Dogz Ink, he has a shop that is fully licensed but unfortunately he cant tattoo to save his life, i have seen better pieces from a blindman using a knitting needle and indian ink.
    My youngest son went into our local tattoo studio yesterday to price up having a piercing, he is only 15 so i refused to do it, he was watching the artist tattoo somebody while resting on an unprotected table top, after he was finished he just wiped away the spillage and splatters of ink with a piece of kitchen paper towel…… so where is the hygeine there in a professional shop ????

this is what really pisses me off, i have asked the local health to come and inspect my place on several occasions starting from the 4th April 2008…. yep … over a year ago, and still no visit.
    and as you enter my place the first thing that hits you is the smell of cleaning fluids ets, every day it is bleached off, the floors and all the surfaces…. even if there is nobody booked in, cleanliness is No.1

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    Daniel.Drache;44457 wrote:
    I’m not a professional & I certainly don’t tattoo anyone.

I agree that someone professionally trained is more likely to provide a better tattoo, Hygiene etc

But if someone is dedicated, talented & doesn’t just pick up a gun & call’s themselves a professional, then they deserve the benefit of the doubt (Backed up with previous work)

I’ve looked at Izarrasink’s album & it’s of a high standard, if she lived in my area I would consider her along with the Tattoo Parlours.
    I live in New Zealand so maybe we have different standards (no licensing etc),
    but one of the local business’s did a guitar & the arm was bent (45 degrees) as he was supposedly high, another one has a reputation for not being hygienic.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that a licensed professional is usually more trustworthy & provides better work,
    But depending on the quality of their work someone who has other commitments (Children etc) & has a part time studio on there property should still be considered a professional

just my two cents
    Daniel

I dont work from home mate i own a tattoo studio in Waihi. Thanks for the comments.

Daniel.Drache
    Participant
    @daniel-drache
    Izarrasink;31815 wrote:
    I have a separate studio on my residential property, it is not viable for me to rent a shop in town as we have kids

My mistake, I read this post & thought you did 🙁

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

thats an old post and since then michelle has opened up her own shop and the place rocks.

ps…. @Izarrasink….

michelle…… we were looking at flight prices last night, might be able to do that guest spot in november if the offer still stands 😀

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    Outlaw;44577 wrote:
    thats an old post and since then michelle has opened up her own shop and the place rocks.

ps…. @Izarrasink….

michelle…… we were looking at flight prices last night, might be able to do that guest spot in november if the offer still stands 😀

Oooooohhh that would be great!! Our busiest time is from xmas onwards though, but i’ll keep you updated on the work flow…nice and steady at the mo and its winter.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

sounds good to me… 😉

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    Outlaw;44468 wrote:
    …as you enter my place the first thing that hits you is the smell of cleaning fluids ets, every day it is bleached off, the floors and all the surfaces….

To me, that smells means tattoo time 🙂
    Every tattoo shop I walk into that smell hits me. It makes me a touch nervous, but reassures that the place is clean. I probably wouldn’t get tattooed by a shop where that smell doesn’t hit you as you walk in the door, unless the studio is hidden away somewhere.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

got to agree every time i go in and get that smell it means tattoo time 😀

USsoldierLibke
    Participant
    @ussoldierlibke

I will admit, by definition I am a scratcher, but a half decent one.

I’ve been to one so called professional shop, got this Metallica star on my wrist, and I swear I could’ve done that myself left handed (as it’s on my right wrist). Half of it’s lopsided, he missed a couple lines and filled them in two weeks later twice the thickness of all the other ones, screwed up the fill (didn’t even fill it all the way), and messed up on every frickin corner on the inside of it.

Not only that, but he didn’t get everything set up at the start and when it was done, he wouldn’t put a cover over it to keep bacteria and infection out, saying it’s better not to and to just dab it. Utter BS if you ask me.

I’ve taken that ATI certification test thing, got a 95% on it (though I don’t have the funds to pay the $70 to get the certificate, I can copy the results though as proof for now if need be). Unfortunately I do do it in my dorm, but I make damn sure everything is wiped down nice and clean with 90% rubbing alcohol. Everything I use is pre-packaged and sterilized with EOS gas. I stick with disposable tips, grips, and needles until I can afford an autoclave. I do my best with what I’ve got on sterilization and compared to the tat that I got on my wrist from a “professional,” I’m not that bad.

Make Kulu
    Participant
    @make-kulu

I complety understand why you have laid these rules down, but there is a little bit of dead air still. I have wanted to be an artist since i was about four years old. The shops in my town are pretty tough though. Sadly I have cut some ties with people that could have helped me to get into the art. What I want to know is the propper way to approach a shop. I know the language, but I don’t know what to expect. I am willing to be the shop boy, or whatever. Sadly I have many terribible tattoos, and have likely learned bad habbits. I am dedicated though, and I’m never going to give up.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.