Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Going in on the 7th of September to do a little touch up session. I’ll take new pictures then 🙂

Tattooben
Participant
@tattooben

It looks nice mistress!
Last week I was in Italy to meet some other artits in Verona, that was really cool. I will post some pics soon

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Thank you! 🙂

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
x561x;116829 wrote:
So does this have any meaning to you..or are you just a grown woman with permanent insects, hideous shading, and flowers on her arm…? I don’t understand tattoos like this..What is the point? The tattoo just makes no sense, I’m sorry :/

Not to mention it’s covering almost your entire arm, bad tattoo.

The idea that tattoos need to have a deeper meaning is a fallacy that is often thrown around by people who really don’t understand tattoos. At their base, tattoos are art, and art exists to do only one thing: to elicit a deep, gut level response in the viewer. Art exists to make you feel wonder, disgust, awe, arousal, to wake you up, shake you out of the day to day daze humans typically live it, to grab you by the balls and scream “Feel something, dammit, anything!

And the more explanation your piece requires, the more of a failure it is. A tattoo may have a deeper meaning to you, but that’s beside the point. The casual viewer will never see it, and will by necessity bring their own life experiences to the viewing. They will decide what the piece means to them, and you can’t control that.

The lines are true, and the colors are soft and feminine. It’s a good solid piece and she should wear it with pride. Just because it’s doesn’t live up to your inane opinion of what a tattoo should be doesn’t mean shit. You don’t know what you’re talking about, and you’re being needlessly nasty.

Short version: Bite me douchebag.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain
KnightHawk;117761 wrote:
The idea that tattoos need to have a deeper meaning is a fallacy that is often thrown around by people who really don’t understand tattoos. At their base, tattoos are art, and art exists to do only one thing: to elicit a deep, gut level response in the viewer. Art exists to make you feel wonder, disgust, awe, arousal, to wake you up, shake you out of the day to day daze humans typically live it, to grab you by the balls and scream “Feel something, dammit, anything!

And the more explanation your piece requires, the more of a failure it is. A tattoo may have a deeper meaning to you, but that’s beside the point. The casual viewer will never see it, and will by necessity bring their own life experiences to the viewing. They will decide what the piece means to them, and you can’t control that.

The lines are true, and the colors are soft and feminine. It’s a good solid piece and she should wear it with pride. Just because it’s doesn’t live up to your inane opinion of what a tattoo should be doesn’t mean shit. You don’t know what you’re talking about, and you’re being needlessly nasty.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Very well said and thank you! I love my sleeve the way it is, every piece on it has a specific meaning behind it, as do the other two tattoos I currently have. No, not all tattoos need meaning or significance’s. I view mine also as pieces of art and I love every single piece I have. That’s all that should matter is the one who has the tattoos actually like what they have received.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Don’t worry, the only person that bagged your tattoo was the teenager with 30 minutes of time in the chair who now thinks he’s an expert.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain
Amok;117775 wrote:
Don’t worry, the only person that bagged your tattoo was the teenager with 30 minutes of time in the chair who now thinks he’s an expert.

Haha I know and honestly I’m not even worried about it. I have almost 20 hours worth of work right now on my body. I’ve been passionate about tattoos since I was probably 10, I am now 22 so it’s been a long time coming to where I am now. I love my art, I love the pain associated with it. I won’t back down to someone about something I am passionate about.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I like the tattoo, but I don’t like the size. It is well done, but I’ll have to agree that you did leave a lot of blank space. I, however, have no idea what to even suggest to put into the blank areas, so I can’t really throw my two cents in there. The lady bug did provide a nice touch though.

x561x
@
KnightHawk;117761 wrote:

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Oh thank you so much mr. expert!

Quote:
Art exists to make you feel wonder, disgust, awe, arousal, to wake you up, shake you out of the day to day daze humans typically live it, to grab you by the balls and scream “Feel something, dammit, anything!

Yes, a tattoo that means nothing to you besides looking cool at the time will definitely make you experience the things you’ve listed. No, sorry, that’s one of the most stupid things I’ve ever read.

Also lol @ the hypocrites that criticized my tattoo and are now bashing me for criticizing someone else’s.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
x561x;117815 wrote:
Also lol @ the hypocrites that criticized my tattoo and are now bashing me for criticizing someone else’s.

No one is bashing for you for criticizing her tattoo. They’re bashing you for acting like an asshole. There were a number of posts that commented on the amount of mostly unused space, but yours was the only one that was needlessly nasty. Move on.

Amok
Participant
@amok
x561x;117815 wrote:

There’s a major difference that you have failed to point out. Mistress’ tattoo is decent, and yours is not.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Seriously, we are still dealing with the same idiot with the same sneer comments? Maybe I won’t post anymore about my sleeve or anything if all I see is rude comments that have nothing to do with it. I’m almost regretting even posting it at all now.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Has nobody found out where this x5 whatever the fuck he’s name is guy lives and beat he’s head with a log yet?

linus1691
Participant
@linus1691

The flowers & the butterfly is simply awsome!!

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.