arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1
Adler;95080 wrote:
I just don’t see how it would make sense to go to the same artist who screwed it up in the first place and trust them to make it better. It’s not just the shading it’s the overall execution.

True that.

Now the bright side. It’s fixable, but the lines would have to be bolder and the shading would have to be a little darker (don’t be afraid of bold and dark. good stuff! ). And even though most tattooers don’t like fixing others’ work, roses are always fun and it shouldn’t be too difficult to find someone to handle this one. Just make sure to review portfolios this time around.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I think if u take this to a good artist and have them go over it, it is very fixable especially if u make it full color. The problem is that most accomplished artists dont like to go over other peoples work, but having a hot body certainly helps, lol. If u want the best in ohio, try kore or even gunnar. I know gunner mostly does cartoony stuff but he also does realistic too. Good luck and post pics if u do decide to fix it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I also like Kyle Cotterman in Ohio
http://www.tattoonow.com/artists/kyle_cotterman/

Joink
Participant
@joink

I’m eager to see the other ones he did..

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
brok3npr0mise;95069 wrote:
98dc7f4a.jpg

So, I got this tattoo almost 3 weeks ago….I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it. I wanted it shaded a lighter gray, and my artist shaded it pretty dark. I also think it’s not a very good shading job on the tattoo itself. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Maybe go to a different artist and ask their opinion?

Honest opinions please!

Looks great – I love it

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise
Aussie_Al;95268 wrote:
Looks great – I love it

Sarcasm? lol. Well, thank you if you mean. I will eventually be getting this fixed.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
brok3npr0mise;95414 wrote:
Sarcasm? lol. Well, thank you if you mean. I will eventually be getting this fixed.

Nope I was being serious I love black and white takes on traditionally color work

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

To clean up the shading it will end up being much darker, although that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Just beware of over doing it. And definetly go to someone else. That part of the body is hard to work on and if they couldn’t pull it off the first time then there’s no hope for the second time. Especially those lines. Color could help smooth out the tones a bit but I would avoid dark colors (like red) because there is already so much gray shade in there. You don’t want it to look like you’ve got a tattoo of dark misshapen blobs on your side from 10 feet away.

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

Thank you everyone. At least I know it is fixable. I’m gonna work on saving up some money so I can get someone who knows what they are doing this time to fix it. It just sucks that I didn’t get what I wanted the first time around. Oh well….live and learn-no regrets!

bravo
Participant
@bravo

I have some tattoo’s from the 80s and compared to what you can get now from a tattoo artist is unreal, I think people should start going to a tattoo artist rather than a tattooist, look at Dave Corden and Bez from Triplesix even Rob Doubtfire Bez and Dave corden are outstanding when it come’s to drawing I know not everyone can afford to pay between ยฃ300 – ยฃ600 maybe It’s best to save for that tattoo rather than regret afterwards. Regarding your tattoo all I can think of is add color I hope you can find someone who will work on it.
GOOD LUCK

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I think it’s definitely fixable, and any good artist should be able to help you out ๐Ÿ™‚

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise
Parademic;95467 wrote:
I think it’s definitely fixable, and any good artist should be able to help you out ๐Ÿ™‚

Awesome….makes me feel a lot better ๐Ÿ™‚

Adler
Participant
@adler

…And at least you were able to accept some honest but relatively harsh feedback and realize you should go to another artist to fix this. Too many people are in denial about their poorly done tattoos and will defend an incompetent artist because it was a friend and they can’t admit the truth. Like you said, save some cash and find a good artist and you will be good.

SoCalArtistry
Participant
@socalartistry

it was a good tattoo idea though!! once fixed properly will be cute!!

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise
SoCalArtistry;95557 wrote:
it was a good tattoo idea though!! once fixed properly will be cute!!

Thanks! It was originally gonna end up going all the way up my ribs, but Im not sure that will ever happen now. Lol

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.