anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;107260 wrote:
its all in what you like, I dont like Paul Booths work, or Olivers, if they were giving away full backpieces I would pass, just my tastes……….doesnt mean they cant tattoo

I like Booth’s work, but I don’t think that it’s unique enough that I would ever pay $400/hr for it. I will very likely hit up Toxyc for some work one day though.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

agreed, I watched Paul tattoo a couple times, he is very good,he was pleasant, but like Peck, but just not my style, and $400 and hour and a year wait, just not me,
Stefano, hell yeah, ink me up

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

I like Paul Booths work quite a bit and I would definitely get tattooed by him if I had the chance. But is he seriously 400/hr?? Is that what you expect to pay when going to the top tattooist??

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah he is 400 a hour and has been for awhile, NY as a whole is high, most folks $200-250 and up,

I can have 4 people tattoo you in a colaboration for that much!

please watch ink master tonight, good episode! Shane has to do color!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Dasch-attack;107293 wrote:
I like Paul Booths work quite a bit and I would definitely get tattooed by him if I had the chance. But is he seriously 400/hr?? Is that what you expect to pay when going to the top tattooist??

I haven’t personally come across another artist that charges that much and I have contacted a ton of world class artists. Booth is world class and he is in NYC though – and as long as people are paying it, I can’t blame him for charging it.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

I know this isn’t a far reach (with 4 minutes left in this episode), but I hope Al is out of here.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

I would easily pay 250/hr for a world class artist, Im still in the process of getting hooked up with Josh Woods, and I’m watching ink master right now, Im gunning for him in this color tattoo.

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

I am speaking from a whole different country (Australia), but I think some of these artists in NYC charge this price because they don’t expect to be tipped. Still in almost every case tip them in some form. Chen has it correct that personal gifts are the way to go not just straight out cash.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah I didnt think Brandon Bond needed my little tip money so I chose a personal gift, worked out so well i did it again with other well established artists,

as long as you do recognize their work somehow,

NY is high because everything in NY is high, a piece of pizza, parking a hotel and yes tattoo, cant blame them, my sister brownstone in brooklyn is a million bucks

Adler
Participant
@adler

Unfortunately the price in NY has me really second guessing booking with certain artists because I really hate to pay $200/hr. I’d love to get work from Stefano or Grez and I know it would be worth it but I’m having a hard time with those rates, especially knowing other very good artists are cheaper if you’re willing to research.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;107361 wrote:
NY is high because everything in NY is high, a piece of pizza, parking a hotel and yes tattoo, cant blame them, my sister brownstone in brooklyn is a million bucks

Yep, exactly. It’s $12 just to get over the GWB. It’s $15+ for a mixed drink at a bar and ~$10 for a beer. Parking is $50 for 30 minutes in some places.

Adler;107402 wrote:
Unfortunately the price in NY has me really second guessing booking with certain artists because I really hate to pay $200/hr. I’d love to get work from Stefano or Grez and I know it would be worth it but I’m having a hard time with those rates, especially knowing other very good artists are cheaper if you’re willing to research.

Stefano is $275/hr.

LoweRD08m3
Participant
@lowerd08m3

For anyone who has not watched the most recent episode please do not read any further (spoiler alert!!)

I cannot believe that Josh was sent home. I really do not see how tommy and James especially displayed superior skill. I thought for sure it would come down to Shane and Josh. To me those two were the very top tier with majority of the other artists a step or two down. I think that so far the most of the challenges have been better suited for Shane’s style which is why Josh was at a disadvantage. Personally I’ve been rooting for Shane because I’ve known his work and my dad is good friends with his mon, so obviously I am a little biased. But I think artistically they are basically neck and neck. I could be way off base though I have only been really into tattooing for a few months.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Honestly I thought the top 3 for the finale should’ve been Shane, Josh and Tommy. I can’t understand why James is still there.

Bummer about Josh =(

LoweRD08m3
Participant
@lowerd08m3

I agree that would have been my top 3 as well. I feel really bad for Josh.

TattCafe
Participant
@tattcafe

Exactly! I sneak watch these guys on my breaks at work. Love Josh and Shane. I only have black ink but Josh’s colour is outrageous!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.