Oplr
Participant
@oplr

I was wondering what people think of this for a forearm tattoo design, I’d probably make a few changes as its a pic from the net. Wouldn’t want anyone thinking ‘hey ive seen that tat before..’ I’d be getting it between my elbow and wrist, on the inside of the forearm.
celtic-cross-with-rose.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I can’t quite see how well that would look as an arm piece. Looks very square, which I’m not sure could work while bending over the curve off the arm.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

Its the rose that attracts me in the design, the way the head in central with the two smaller petals coming from it. I wouldnt know how to implement it into another design..

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, luckily that is what we pay the artists to do.. it’s their job to discover ways of implementing your ideas into viable tattoos. If it’s the roses that you like, then why do the cross at all? It’s redundant. Just get the roses tattooed on you.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

Hmm, But wouldnt the rose alone make it a feminine design? I’m going to print it out and ask the artist what he would suggest, There’s an artist that everyone has recommended recently

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why? There’s nothing inherently feminine about a rose tattoo.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Since roses are used well in old school, traditional tattoos how about you do something like a traditional dagger/rose piece?
http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1436&bih=710&q=dagger%2Frose&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

Would a dagger not be classed as offensive?

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
Oplr;86349 wrote:
Would a dagger not be classed as offensive?

A black man with a noose around his neck would be classed as offensive.

ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

Is you arm big enough for that? With the bar of the cross that goes across will have to virtually wrap around your arm.

Im sure that rose, and it is nice, can be used amongst something else, or have it on your upper arm in a size that fits.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

I went in today and we’ve changed the design, Its gonna be a smaller cross, of a plain design, just with spade like tips, then there will be a scroll rolling around the cross, with a rose head in the middle between the scrolls. I booked it for tomorow, So ill have a pic up soon.

ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

The same rose head from the picture you put up in the thread? I reckon it sounds better already without even seeing it.

And that leaves room for another work of art on your arm.

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

Its a similar rose, I’m hoping to eventually get tattoos on the outside of my arms when I get a bit more money spare, Trying to get the sensitive places out of the way too first haha. Becomes quite addicting. Hopefully it wont be as painful as my shoulders..

Oplr
Participant
@oplr

doone 😀 I’ll get a pic up.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Oh, I can’t wait!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.