StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue
Sherav;104194 wrote:
I am a government welfare fraud investigator as my main role.

I also do a lot of freelance writing and editing mostly academic stuff.

Take Care
Matthew

My dream is to one day be academic….I have so much respect and jealousy for that field that I’d rather not talk about it, lol….good for you tho man

56belair
Participant
@56belair
StandardIssue;104138 wrote:
Now there’s an occupation I wasn’t expecting to see!

Do you talk to them before you introduce them to the oven? lol, I’m not trying to be sick but I honestly think I would if I worked that job…

No. Only the occasional “you should have went on a diet” when loading onto the table. They are all boxed up so not really any face time.
Even when I worked in the funeral home and would work with the bodies I never talked to them.

Nothing sick about it. It makes for some interesting dinner conversations because people are curious.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I.T. Manager, it pays the bills!

Amok
Participant
@amok

I used to be an auto mechanic but that didn’t pay the bills, now I’m a sales rep for a big pharmaceutical company. That does pay the bills, but destroys the soul. You can’t buy anything with a soul so I’m happy with the money.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Hate to bump, but what an interesting topic; as a kid I had an interest in being a mortician, but I’m a pediatric nurse. ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Don’t apologize. It was due for a good bump ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Wardy;104046 wrote:
I also love my dogs but only Pugs and bulldogs. I would love a bulldog will defiantly have one eventually.

I am a Company Director of errrr my own company lol

My company does refurbishment for the Likes of Apple, Fujitsu and Siemens to name a few.

I will derail this slightly as I just had to show my Bulldog to Wardy hehe:p

His name was Bugzy, he died at age 5 last year:(

IMG_0794.jpg

bugzy1.jpg

bugzy4.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hmm.. I see I have neglected to add my own response!

To borrow an idea from up above:

I turn this:
shutterstock3372156idea.jpg

into this:
cabinets01.png

and from there into this:
cabinets02.png

so people like David can make this:
5d992111.jpg

๐Ÿ˜‰

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cool now we know what our main mod does!

I love the bulldog, what a beauty, shame their health can be so fragile,

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

I’m a CPA (Ceretified Public Accountant for those who dont’ know) and a business consultant. Self-employed, no boss which is nice. I just get to yell at myself. Worked at public CPA firms for a while, then went to private industry and was a controller and then a CFO. After being laid off due to budget cuts (or maybe I just did a shit ass job and that was their excuse) I decided no more working for anybody ever again.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

I’m a Veterinary Technician & Adoption Counselor at a Humane Society. Or at least that’s what they call me. I dab in pretty much everything at the shelter because we’re so small. I am essentially the Feline Coordinator as of now since that has recently been consuming most of my time, although I work with all the animals. That and managing interns, volunteers & other employees. I’ll be leaving my wonderful job in August to move away for school. I just graduated high school a semester early in January at only 17. I’d been working part time at my shelter while trying to finish up school and am happy that they promoted me to my current full time position. I feel pretty lucky to 17 and already in a job very close to my dream job.

I also run my own pet sitting business, like Defiance, and do behavior consults and private sessions for dog training. It’s all on the side and most of the dogs I train with were adopted from our shelter or are clients of mine.

So that’s me. ๐Ÿ™‚

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

You sound way more mature than I was at 17, or am now!

Are you going to continue your pet-sitting business in college? Advertise that stuff at local hospitals/home health facilities – Doctors and nurses who work 12-24 hour shifts, sometimes spur of the moment, will gladly shell out $20+ in an emergency to have someone feed the cat/clean the litter box.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Well thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

I may. My current business is much more intensive. I actually go and live at people’s houses for the week or two that they are away. I won’t be able to do that much when I move, but I’ll probably still do some small stuff like letting dogs out and doing cats. Thanks for the idea!

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Work as a Screen Room Operator in a silk screen printing & embroidery facility. We put designs and logos on all kinds of stuff, from hoodies and T’s to shot glasses and pens. Everything but the best one of all obviously, SKIN! ๐Ÿ˜€

Lizard King
Participant
@lizard-king

I have just joined the forum and recently left a few comments (hopefully helpful) for those who need to change a tattoo or remove one completely. I am fascinated by tattoos but as yet do not have one myself. I have always wanted to get a traditional Polynesian tattoo, like a Samoan Pe’a but I need to get there first.
I work in the corporate world shuffling paper (it blows chunks) and am currently based in Asia. In my spare time I research various interesting topics and am not a dick.
Cheers.
Lizard King

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.