derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

So my right arm is sleeved out to my knuckles and I’ve got a lefty hand tattoo and some other randoms.

Ive gotten all of this work done by male artists and am looking for a female to work the rest of my left arm. Anybody from the central California area or know of any quality female artists around the Los Angeles area would be ideal.

:confused:Please don’t respond with kat von d:confused:. respect to her by all means but I’m searching for more originality, less glam and more “up n coming” if at all possible.

My right arm was done IN japan and is 100% custom so I’m really hoping to find a female to do some real quality custom to the left in the states.

I’m headed the the palm trees and tattoos convention in july but as it seems most of the female artists as of now are from out of state…not really willing to pay extra dough to travel further than a state or two really…..

any insight is much appreciated.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Welcome Derek. What style are you into? Going to need to know what you are looking for in order to make a suggestion. (Japanese? Traditional? New school? etc.)

derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

The right is certainly Japanese. the left Im really feeling something like biblical vintage flash with a David bowie (not actual David bowie) labyrinth feel to it. it seems like a lot of ink mag artists ie mike devries n Liz cook are doing realism stuff which is cool but Im feeling down for the ink in color n detail like the two just not so real. Biblical ish labyrinth vintage flash with some cosmos ties. traditional i suppose? Im really open to flow along broad lines. it is art and to me to be canvas i feel like meddling in the medium and letting an artist feel free helps. would be stoked to get a womans touch flowing

Honestly itd be nice to find a go to artist. i have a full back piece and calf sleeves planned out…i need a solid artist. Time and of course pennies….

Neo traditional

derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

Honestly itd be nice to find a go to artist. i have a full back piece and calf sleeves planned out…i need a solid artist. Time and of course pennies….

derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

Pretty sure im simply going to drive la until i find the right fit.

Dan
Participant
@dan

where do you live ? central ca,like fresno ? sacramento ?

derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

@NorCalDan 144051 wrote:

where do you live ? central ca,like fresno ? sacramento ?

to be EXACT {>mojavecA<}
lots of ink slinging next to military bases [Edwards air base] none i truly like. certainly any women artists to trust a left with…yet

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Well, my knowledge of new-trad artists is about zero.

I follow Katelyn Crane on Instagram and she is in California (Northridge). When she does her own art it looks kind of neo-trad to me, at least her lady heads do. I’m not sure if her style is what you’re looking for, to me it is more illustrative than neo-traditional but here’s a couple of links:

https://instagram.com/p/s8J1z3qYeZ/?taken-by=katecrane

And her whole page:
https://instagram.com/katecrane/

And … look for me at the Palm Springs show and I’ll show you my DeVries (shameless bragging, I know :rolleyes:). I’ll be there all weekend, and fairly easy to spot as my left arm is all masquerade portraits. I have appointments booked for both Saturday and Sunday, more masquerades. So, if you see me make sure you say hello!!

derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

Checked her work out before also…sighs…ill keep on looking. im sure ill see you at the show…im one of the dudes noticing and appreciating other work for sure…i will look for you…

Off topic…dude in my area wants 250 an hour…blew my mind considering the no name artist and work being done. i just got done yelping out ivanas shop…150 hour rate and people are complaining? Seven years ago i was throwing out 100/hr in Japan which equated to like 100 dollar to 140 yen (at the time) what is average for quality work these days? for real?

I ask quality because the few sessions i have had done stateside arent to scale what im reaching for and dont feel like under/over paying

derekrford
Participant
@derekrford

O n Ive checked out your ink also Lola. ill know who what to look for

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.