CJ-of-Florida
Participant
@cj-of-florida

im gettin my first tattoo on my upper arm, im thinking about something tribal but i dont want it to mess up any future ones that arent tribal cuz i plan on having allot like a whole sleeve or something this is just a jumping off point. so any help,suggestions, or ideas would be appreciated.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
CJ-of-Florida;113862 wrote:
so any help,suggestions, or ideas

Yes, don’t get tribal. 😀

CJ-of-Florida
Participant
@cj-of-florida

ok help me out then. any suggestions?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Don’t get a tattoo just to get a tattoo

When something really has your heart and mind then tattoo it,
Mark a place in your life, a person lost, a tattoo to tell people about you, or just an awesome piece of skin art for arts sake

Use the best artist you can get, like frank lantra

CJ-of-Florida
Participant
@cj-of-florida

good advice

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

after you get a tattoo you may end up like me, you may want ALOT more, you will appreciate being selective as you begin to build your collection, collecting pieces that really mean something to you

thats how I have felt about it, friends told me to develop an idea in my head, then hold that idea for 6 months, if it was still a good idrea, ink it……………….its worked well for me………….just my 2 cents

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Im confused, are you saying you have booked a tattoo appointment when you are not 100% sure what you want?

htx
Participant
@htx

yeah, what mrchen said is good advice. think about it for a few months and if you still want it, go for it. personally, i think trendy tattoos that you see everywhere (tribal, stars, bible verses, crosses, huge verses and stupid “life” quotes, chinese letters, etc) are retarded. if you want one to have one, at least get something that looks cool as shit :p

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
htx;114167 wrote:
yeah, what mrchen said is good advice. think about it for a few months and if you still want it, go for it. personally, i think trendy tattoos that you see everywhere (tribal, stars, bible verses, crosses, huge verses and stupid “life” quotes, chinese letters, etc) are retarded. if you want one to have one, at least get something that looks cool as shit :p

Good idea get something kick ass by the best artist you can find.

bombomb
Participant
@bombomb

Hi,
My girl want a big tattoo on her leg, and in color. she love the tatto of this girl http://tattooedgirlsmag.com/tattooed-girl-asia-by-basistka-photography
I want to offer her the ink but I don’t know the price of something like that ! :s
With the same details and color
Probably expensive ?

MoreT
@

@mrchen 113873 wrote:

Don’t get a tattoo just to get a tattoo

True. Tattoo is an art, it should be something special.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Check out the map I am making of top notch artists around the world in my signature below 🙂

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

These guys are giving you excellent advice. When you get an idea that sticks with you, that you love. That is when it is time to get it. NEVER get a tattoo just because you want to have one.

The upper arm is very valuable real estate when it comes to tattoo. Don’t squander it recklessly!

And NOT TRIBAL!!

Find an EXCELLENT artist. Not the dude your friend went to, someone with talent and style. Peter’s list is a great place to start looking.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

C.J. hasn’t been active for almost a year. I hope tribal wasn’t picked.
It would be nice to have an update.

salvationtattoo
Participant
@salvationtattoo

If you don’t want to compromise with style choose Polynesian style tattoo. They are similar to tribal tattoos. The designs of Polynesian style tattoo are very good and you have no problem in future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.