GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

I’m not heavily tattooed but want my next tattoos to be both on my hands/knuckles and face – does anybody know anywhere that will definitely do it? Cheers 😉

Preferrably around north-east.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

first a few questions for ya: how old are you, and what is your career? if you are young with no career plan, i would DEFINITELY wait on face and knuckle tattoos. however, if you are well settled into a career that these would be perfectly acceptable in, then have at it.

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

18 coming up 19, I’ve wanted these a long time and will have no regrets it is totally my choice.

I just got finished from a job but will be wanting to work out of the public eye anyways, warehousing, construction sites, etc – I also have a part-time job lined up in a pub and there know about me getting them and are fine with it, my body :p

I just would be grateful if somebody could tell me a place hopefully in the north-east or anywhere in Britain that will definitely do these areas for me, I have pictures of what I’m after I now just need a shop that will do it for me. 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Most reputable shops would probably not do it for one so young, so I’d guess your best bet is a not-so-reputable shop.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
GeordieTattooLover;74883 wrote:
18 coming up 19, I’ve wanted these a long time and will have no regrets it is totally my choice.

I just got finished from a job but will be wanting to work out of the public eye anyways, warehousing, construction sites, etc – I also have a part-time job lined up in a pub and there know about me getting them and are fine with it, my body :p

I just would be grateful if somebody could tell me a place hopefully in the north-east or anywhere in Britain that will definitely do these areas for me, I have pictures of what I’m after I now just need a shop that will do it for me. 😀

You should check this idea at the door and wait until you actually know what a long time is. You have just been released into the wild of your adulthood and you think you are ready to make a choice that will affect the next 60 years of your life. Do you think that a warehouse job is going to be what you want 15 years down the road? or working at a seedy pub (because even a regular bar isn’t going to have you)?

You are going to be closing so many doors that you don’t even know exist yet because you think that you know what you want out of life.

No one here is going to help you self destruct. If you are going to do that, do it on your own and live with your own mistakes. I certainly don’t want to go to bed tonight knowing that I screwed up some kids life by giving him a place to get his face tat’ed.

Good luck, I hope you come to your senses before it’s too late.

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

It’s personal choice mate I don’t believe it will screw my life up at all it is down to me at the end of the day.

I’ve liked tattoos for years now never got any done illegally and waited until 18 I’m fully responsible and know what I want.

Can anybody tell me a shop that will do it?

I want most of my upper body covered.

Will many places do hands? 😉

I’m finding it hard to find anywhere… 🙁

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

GSouder
Climb down off your soap box bro.

Tattoos are, every day, becoming more and more acceptable. What makes you think that 15 years from now face tattoos won’t be everywhere? I have seen some pretty bad face tats, but I also think that some look pretty good. I don’t think I would ever get one, but to each his own.
Keep in mind that chicks wear make-up every day and cover shit on thier face, why can’t a guy cover his face ink with make-up and still hold that 9-5 office gig.

Geordie
I’m not from UK, but I can give some advice and the best advice I can give is: don’t give in on quality. Don’t go to some deuchebag scratcher just because he is willing to do it. Find a guy that you can trust to do a good job and work on him. You will need to maybe have him do some other things first. I can’t see anyone tattooing a guys face that has no other ink. Get some arm tats first and maybe work it up to your neck and so on. You could also maybe talk them into a deal. What I mean is you may have to get your face tat done in Henna first and just live a couple weeks with that on your face to get an idea of what it will be like and after a few weeks get the real thing.

Hope this helps.

Oh yea post some pics of what your planning.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Ok, this is mr “don’t get tribal because its stupid and you must be stupid to get it” telling me to get off my soap box…. that’s a little laughable. Yes, I think he’s making a mistake and you are a bit out of touch with reality if you think 15 years down the road he’ll be able to get a real job with a face tattoo.

However, I didn’t consider the make up thing, good call.

My point is more along the lines of an 18 year old kid making a choice that will force him to wear makeup the rest of his life if he wants a career of almost any kind. Would you be ok with you’re son making this choice when he is 18? I have nothing against face tats, I think they are kind of douchey but that’s just my opinion. If you wanted one then I probably would not say anything at all, keep my opinion to myself (which, btw, you have NEVER done with tribal posts) but just the fact that he can’t find an artist to give his money to should key you in on the point that he is not old enough to make this choice in the opinion of the artists he has seen as well as me, soap box or not.

I think you give some good advice here, the hanna thing is a great idea and the make up is a good call but it doesn’t address the real issue- this is a kid making a huge choice that will affect him forever. Life is already hard enough, why add things to make it harder?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

case in point. His was over a couple of piercings and some small arm tattoos over a bullshit entry level job.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/tattooed-woman-told-put-bag-over-t16869.html?t=16869

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
Gsouder;74893 wrote:
Ok, this is mr “don’t get tribal because its stupid and you must be stupid to get it” telling me to get off my soap box…. that’s a little laughable. Yes, I think he’s making a mistake and you are a bit out of touch with reality if you think 15 years down the road he’ll be able to get a real job with a face tattoo.

However, I didn’t consider the make up thing, good call.

My point is more along the lines of an 18 year old kid making a choice that will force him to wear makeup the rest of his life if he wants a career of almost any kind. Would you be ok with you’re son making this choice when he is 18? I have nothing against face tats, I think they are kind of douchey but that’s just my opinion. If you wanted one then I probably would not say anything at all, keep my opinion to myself (which, btw, you have NEVER done with tribal posts) but just the fact that he can’t find an artist to give his money to should key you in on the point that he is not old enough to make this choice in the opinion of the artists he has seen as well as me, soap box or not.

I think you give some good advice here, the hanna thing is a great idea and the make up is a good call but it doesn’t address the real issue- this is a kid making a huge choice that will affect him forever. Life is already hard enough, why add things to make it harder?

This is to G, not to hijack your thread but…
When someone post on this forum and is fishing for opinion on anything, I can give it. You on the other hand take the Holyer than Thou role preaching your “you’ll never get a real job” bullshit (you sound like my grandma). What do you consider a real job? A guy working in a warehouse doesn’t have a real job? A guy scrubbing shitters doesn’t have a real job? Who are you, Donald Trump?
If you can make the decision to get all that douchey tribal all over yourself, then this kid can also do what he wants and when he post his pics I will also give my opinion on that. We get post on here all the time, people asking advice on how to find an artist, noobs who haven’t been thru the process, you think they’re too young to make a decision to get inked?
Now I’m 40 yeas old, and I may be a little abrasive when I give my opinion, but I would never come on here and try to tell someone what they should do because of my own narrow views.
So yea, when you come on a tattoo forum, having tattoos yourself, and telling this kid he will never get a real job with face tattoos, I say bullshit!

And ……..

TRIBAL SUCKS, TRIBAL SUCKS, TRIBAL SUCKS, TRIBAL SUCKS (unless you’re actually in a tribe)

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I think you make a couple of good points in here. I know we are hijacking this thread but I think it’s still on topic so I feel ok continuing the conversation… if inappropraite please delete, mods.

I can give my opinion as well, and in my opinion this kid is making bad choice. Is that me looking down on him? you bet. You are right, maybe he does want to scrub shit out of a toliet and maybe some people on this planet (you?) dreamed of doing that since they were a kid. IN MY OPINION, most of the people doing that are doing it because they can’t do anything else. Maybe your grandma was wiser than you are because she, like me, has a point.

You say you are 40 now. Do you live you life like you were 18? Do you have the same values that you did back then? If you say yes to either of these questions you are lying or retarded. You may have made some bad choices like most of us did when we were that age but usually it’s nothing a little bed rest and anitbiotics can’t handle. This kid is making a choice that will limit him- you can agree or disagree but that is a fact.

You can say bullshit all you want but your abrasive behavior on this site is in direct contrast to the statments that you make here. Even your last line of “Tribal sucks” shows that you can’t live with the values you define in this thread. You are agressive and judgemental, I can pull any number of your posts to show that if you would like. I don’t even have tribal but you automatically assume that I do because I defend someone for getting it. I think it’s your veiws that might be a little narrow… and yes, you DO come on here and tell people that based on YOUR own narrow veiws.

If I were to get “douchey tribal” all over myself at least I would not have to scrub shit out of a toliet for minimum wage because of it. Yes, I look down on shit scrubbers and warehouse workers. I work in a company that has a lot of them and every single one complains about money, being over worked and how much they would like a different job- they all made choices that lead them there and none of those choices were as obvious as a face tattoo. For you to tell me I am not entitled to that opinion is in inverse with what you are telling me about YOUR opinion. Or maybe it’s that you feel that ONLY your opinion is ok.

You think I’m narrow minded and holyier than thou, I think you are aggressive, abrasive and very inconsistant in the way that you handle your opinions.

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

Okay just got back in let me tell you Gsouder I have thought long about this and I know what it is what I want.

I haven’t actually went into any shops yet and asked I was just asking if anybody knows places that will do it.

I’m after a few on my arms, LOVE and HATE on my knuckles and a british bulldog on my left back hand.

Work : I know I won’t obviously have the same job all my life but I’ve explained my job situation, I don’t want to be a banker, doctor, etc it’s not my cup of tea so please let me do what I want with my face.

Also this 10,20,30 years later thing.. you only live once, it is my body, my money to get it done, I don’t want to not do it because other people are advising me not to I have my own brain – thanks.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

This kid didn’t ask for your opinion on if he should or should not get a face tattoo, but how to go about convincing someone to do it for him. If you had nothing to contibute to that, you should have just kept your mouth shut and continued to live in your world were warehouse workers and janitors are below you. I wonder who else you feel superior to…mail man, garbage man, anyone who doesn’t make as much money as you? I’m surprised you would give those below you, your attention long enough to hear about thier money problems or being over worked. I would think that your time is much too valuble to dwell on the problems of the poor. We can all only admire you from a far and dream of attaining your level of superiority.

Geordie: Its a good thing you don’t need G’s permission to get your ink. Post some pics of what your thinking about doing. I can’t say I will like it, but I will give an honest opinion, it will most likely be abrasive and hard to hear but it will only be MY OPINION.

Now I’m in the mood for some CLASSIC ROCK, Time for Nirvana!

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i know he didnt ask for opinions, but were just tryin to keep him from the regret in the future… everyone says they wont regret it when they get shit done, but when it it comes down to the future theres no way to know if you’ll still like it 20 years down the road, and even if you do like it if it will be acceptable for your workplace.

as for content, dude, love and hate across your knucks? really? soooo lame… you could do better than that. but i like the bulldog idea, location not so much

GeordieTattooLover
Participant
@geordietattoolover

I’ve always liked the love and hate tattoo my dad has it.

All I’m asking is if somebody can tell me where I will be able to get my work done.

Also, about the future thing 20yrs down line… I live life with NO REGRETS and nobody should, everything happens for a reason, you get one shot at life, I don’t care what others think of me and nobody should, its my body, my money that will be going to the artist.

I’ll be getting these after I have my hands and arms done. I have an apt for 1 1/2 weeks for my hands/knuckles, I just need to now know a place that will do face.

Here is something similiar to what I’m after : http://yfrog.com/3t89845801p

I love the look of it not to sure the meaning of webs I hear different opinions on it all the time to me them tattoos mean ”struggle but you always get through it”.

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.