Tigerchick
Participant
@tigerchick

Hi all

Sorry here’s another post wanting help.

Does anyone know someone in the West Sussex, UK area they can recommend?

My tattoo is on my shoulder & is about 1″ wide & 4″ long. (Will try to add a pic when I figure out how!)

With it being solid black I’m assuming I’d need laser removal or at least lightening before I can get something else wouldn’t I?

Also how long would I have to wait between removal & getting something new?

Sorry if all these things have been answered before. I am trying to work my way through some threads but am new to the forum at the mo.

Cheers in advance.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

We need to see it to be able to tell you whether it can be covered easily or not.

You can add a pic to your album here on the forums, then copy the BB code from beneath the picture into any thread to post it.

We have a professional laser operator from the UK in here, so he can take care of you if you need to go that route.

Tigerchick
Participant
@tigerchick

Thanks for telling me how to add the photos.

Here you go.

Not sure if it makes any difference either but I had it done about 15 years ago.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Still no pic visible ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You set your album as private, which means that only yourself and moderators can see the pics. If you want others to see them, you’ll need to change it from private to public.

And yes.. that thing needs lasering… especially since it’s so raised.

Tigerchick
Participant
@tigerchick

Think I’ve sorted the pics now. Thanks.

I guessed it might. ๐Ÿ™

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

it will take a fairly large piece to cover it but it can be covered

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I would laser it for sure. If you don’t, your options for a good cover-up are going to be severely limited. Go for a few laser sessions at least and see how it looks.

Tigerchick
Participant
@tigerchick

Thanks all.

Need to find somebody to do it now & get some prices I guess.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

A rose would cover that!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Finding the best tattooist in your area that specializes in coverups would be my first step. and then you can go over options,
Flowers are great at coverups.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Wardy;114464 wrote:
A rose would cover that!

No Wardy…. no rose could cover that.

Tigerchick
Participant
@tigerchick

Think I might be stuck with it. Just back from my appointment & was told as I have a keloid scar it’s not a good idea to have the tattoo removed. ๐Ÿ™
So upset & disappointed but I guess it was better he told me.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Aaww.. I guess that also means that it’s not a good idea to get more tattoos either.

Tigerchick
Participant
@tigerchick

I didn’t even think of that!! Now I’m even more miserable!! ๐Ÿ™

I didn’t have any problems with the one I’ve got & I had a mole removed from my face a couple of years ago without any problems but I guess the guy was just covering himself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.