RJS89
Participant
@rjs89

So I went to a local shop and the guy told me he could remove a big tattoo I have with a removal method that involves a using a tattoo gun and tattooing a “salt solution” into my arm, then going over it with skin colored ink or something.

Anyone heard of this salt solution removal technique or tried it? It is WAY cheaper than laser, but does it work? Is it safe? Thanks

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it’s probably a skunk.

I am sure that lord Matthew can shed some actual intelligence on this issue, but I can promise you that it’s all hogwash. How on earth would saltwater remove the ink that’s trapped in small pockets within your skin?

Amok
Participant
@amok

That sounds incredibly dangerous. Wow.

RJS89
Participant
@rjs89

http://www.dermagraphicsbymiller.com/tattoo_removal.shtml

Here is a link that some-what explains what I think is the same procedure. I just want to know if it really does work and is safe? Anyone familiar with this method?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Ive heard of this. This is what they did before they discovered the laser.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Come on people we are all smart right?

Tattoo ink has stained your dermis. You can get a tattoo out by tattooing anything horrid in there, but only if you are happy for it to come out with a bunch of your rotten flesh.

Salt water, bleach, yogurt, rejuvie its all the same crap. You set up an infection the tattoo comes out with the gank and then you do what you can to manage the scar tissue.

Good luck if you go with it, dont forget to post lots of pictures.

peace.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the only thing thats removes a tattoo is laser
this bullshit procedure you describe is just a coverup gimic to eanr some hack more money

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
Cornishtiger;97474 wrote:
Come on people we are all smart right?

Tattoo ink has stained your dermis. You can get a tattoo out by tattooing anything horrid in there, but only if you are happy for it to come out with a bunch of your rotten flesh.

Salt water, bleach, yogurt, rejuvie its all the same crap. You set up an infection the tattoo comes out with the gank and then you do what you can to manage the scar tissue.

Good luck if you go with it, dont forget to post lots of pictures.

peace.

Ewwww… that really doesn’t sound like much fun. When I read this, I wasn’t thinking it would do much. The salt would really cause the tattoo to come out, or would it just dilute the ink and ooze unpredictably?

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

It isnt the salt that makes the ink come out and it certainly doesnt dilute the ink.
It is like a dirty cut. Rotten nasty flesh is replaced by your body as best it can by new flesh.
It the scar that is the problem.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

in no relation to the poster, my comment in general…….

I guess it boils down to what almost everything boils down to …..money………..alot of people dont want to pay good money for a professional high quality tattoo………but they also dont want to pay for high quality laser work to remove the shitty tattoo

around here we are lucky, I have two good places that charge $100 a session for top quality super experienced laser work, and they generously give you alot of time for you money

There are no shortcuts to good things……………..no shortcuts to good ink………no shortcuts to removing bad ink

tattoo has been practiced for as many as 10,000 years, people have been searching for a way to remove ink for several hundred years, a cheap easy solution has never been found………..only laser completely removes a tattoo and leaves the skin able to be tattooed again…………….sure there have been dozens of quick fixes to hit the market, none of them have worked, let the buyer beware

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.