andy100
Participant
@andy100

I’ve got the following tribal design(s) on my upper left arm – an amalgamation of several tat ideas – but as I’ve got older I now want to get a cover up for something that’s prettier/less **** and more integrated. Here’s a pic:

Tattoo.jpg

I’ve spoken briefly to two different tattoo artists in my area (Brighton) but both have suggested tribal work – one the ‘traditional’ black work and the other a ‘negative’ with the background in black and the ‘symbol’ itself plain skin – but I’d rather have something else if I can. Has anybody got any sugestions for a) what sort of thing I could get to cover this up other than a tribal ‘swirl’/curves and b) any good cover up artists around Brighton/East Sussex?

My only ideas for themes so far is some sort of flower design (I like this flower design below – maybe repeated several times and some leaves/stalk to fill it out) or I quite like portrait style tat’s. I’d rather go for black and grey shading still I think.

Flower-Tattoo.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Andy

andy100
Participant
@andy100

Well I went into another tattoo place today and got some very good advice from some really friendly staff – I think I’m going ot go for a custom tribal with a few hibiscus flowers interspersed (they even said that they could shade the flowers).

Very happy with that assessment and just need to save the pennies up now!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why go with more tribal, when it’s obvious you don’t like tribal?

andy100
Participant
@andy100
ArniVidar;73833 wrote:
Why go with more tribal, when it’s obvious you don’t like tribal?

I don’t completely dislike tribal – I think there’s some very nice tribal designs out there – but I just feel like I’d rather have something a bit less ‘blocky’ and more intricate on my arm. But equally I don’t really want a whole picture on my arm, plus I want black & grey, so I’m a bit stumped as to what else to have to be honest!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, tribal usually isn’t B/G, nor is that flower you posted. And B/G is not going to cover what you already have.

I have only once seen exceptionally good tribal, and that had black outlines and then varying amounts of shading to create very cool effects (too bad I can no longer find the thread in the forums :(). That might be something which would suit your needs, but again that won’t cover what you have. Difficult problem really. Perhaps you should consider lasering the crap out of that thing to make the cover easier.

Dice
Participant
@dice

Andy

You should get an big old tree with clusters of branches
begging thick then ending thin, Ive seen one tat
with that design, you can cover up the length
and width, just an idea good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

andy100
Participant
@andy100

@ ArniVidar – When I said black & grey, I meant shades with black ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s pretty hard to explain what the tattoo guy said, but basically he said they could expand/cover up my existing work with tribal, but incorporate the outline of hibiscus like the pic above into the design and use the existing black along with the white skin to create a shaded effect (so they’re not just plain black)

@ Dice – cheers for the suggestion but not really my thing, though I can see where you’re coming from with the idea ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to have to wait a few months anyway to save up as money seems to be leaking from my savings like a bucket with a hole in the bottom (why is is added expense all bloody happens at once?! :mad:) but I’m liking the idea of the tribal softened with the hibiscus, and from friend’s experiences of the place I went to yesterday, they’re very good, so think I’m going to go for that ๐Ÿ˜€

Dice
Participant
@dice

show us when you get it done ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.